ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice for a student

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

annby
Newly Registered

Advice for a student

Post by annby » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:00 pm

Firstly, apologies if this post is in the wrong area of your forum. This is an area of which I have very limited knowledge and apologies if some of my terminology in my question is slightly incorrect.
I teach a student who came to the UK from Vietnam. ON turning 18, the Home Office wrote and told him he would have to leave and go back to Vietnam. To keep this post as short as possible, he appealed and the judge ruled against the H/Office saying that he should be allowed to at least complete his A Level studies. The H/Office obviously don't like this, since he is ' a burden on the state' and have now taken the matter to a 'higher-tier' tribunal(??) in an attempt to have the judges decision overruled.
I have persuaded the student to complete his UCAS application and apply for an 'Article 26' bursary..... will this help his cause since he would no longer be dependent on the state if he were successful? and secondly, can someone in his position be sponsored so that he can stay in the UK, and if so where/how can I find out more about this process??

Many thanks
Ann

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: Advice for a student

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:37 pm

I have no expertise in this matter, however have a look through the link below and see if this fits your case?

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/overview

annby
Newly Registered

Post by annby » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:48 pm

Thanks for that.
The UCAS application is nearly done, so fingers crossed, if he can get an offer of a place at least that seems to open up more options
Thanks again
Ann

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:56 pm

good luck.