ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit Visa Refusal - Case Worker missed a document

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sali11

Family Visit Visa Refusal - Case Worker missed a document

Post by sali11 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi
I am a British Citizen and applied for my sister's family visit visa from Pakistan. My sister lives with my parents back there. I have previously successfully sponsored visa for my parents and sister last year. I know it is very important to prove family ties back home for the applicant of a visit visa and that is why my sister provided the following alongwith other usual documents:

1. Stamppaper/Affidavit to confirm that my sister, father and mother are living together in Pakistan at the same address
2. Recent bank statements, western union money transfer slips and utility bill in my father's name

This time, her visa was refused and the reason given is that there was no evidence provided that our father is in Pakistan. I believe that the above list is more than enough evidence to conclude that my father is present in Pakistan. Howelse can I prove that?

I think either the case worker did not see some of these documents or these got lost in transit (by Gerry's) but I do not know whom to contact regarding this.

Please can someone advise on this and/or share their experience.

Thanks

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: Family Visit Visa Refusal - Case Worker missed a documen

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:21 pm

you may contact to ukvi by email (free) or by webchat or call (paid for service), see link below:
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

You say you successfully applied for sisters visa last year, so what has changed since that time?

sali11

Post by sali11 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:16 pm

[quote="Mauser1905"]You say you successfully applied for sisters visa last year, so what has changed since that time?[/quote]

Hi
I contacted UKBA through that link but the response I got was very formal (copy/paste); the main point being appeal/reconsideration etc. cannot be done with this category of visa.

Since, last successful grant of visit visa; following changed in circumstances and application:

1. My sister was a school teacher at the time of previous application but not working now.
2. In previous application, we provided letter from my brother's employer (that confirmed that one of the brother's is in Pakistan). I know we made a mistake by not providing them with this application but I just thought that my father's & mother's documents would be enough to prove family ties.

Rest of the documents were the same.

I have attached the refusal letter with this message.

I can reapply and provide my brother's employment document as evidence that he also lives in Pakistan but my main concern is what other documents I have to provide to prove that my father is also in Pakistan?

Any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks
Attachments
Visit visa refusal.jpg
UkbaRefusalLetter
Visit visa refusal.jpg (278 KiB) Viewed 2088 times

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:35 pm

sali11 wrote:
Mauser1905 wrote:You say you successfully applied for sisters visa last year, so what has changed since that time?
Hi
I contacted UKBA through that link but the response I got was very formal (copy/paste); the main point being appeal/reconsideration etc. cannot be done with this category of visa.

Since, last successful grant of visit visa; following changed in circumstances and application:

1. My sister was a school teacher at the time of previous application but not working now.
2. In previous application, we provided letter from my brother's employer (that confirmed that one of the brother's is in Pakistan). I know we made a mistake by not providing them with this application but I just thought that my father's & mother's documents would be enough to prove family ties.

Rest of the documents were the same.

I have attached the refusal letter with this message.

I can reapply and provide my brother's employment document as evidence that he also lives in Pakistan but my main concern is what other documents I have to provide to prove that my father is also in Pakistan?

Any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks
Para #3 and #5 in the refusal letter are very fair reasons for refusal. Note the onus is on the applicant to provide evidence.

ECO may be of the view that the "father" as presented on paper not real. Anybody can open a bank account and we all know how it works in sub-continent. Western Union funds going to *father*'s account from there going to sisters account. And funds coming from the UK. this leads to Point ~5 that earlier application applicant was leading social life with an employment and currently she doesn't have anything which can demonstrate she will return to home country.

From what it reads and you have stated, I see the refusal being fair decision and you would require a fresh application with much more stronger documentation which can bring credibility to this application.

Stamp paper is just one of the documents, there will be plenty other, employment/pension/income tax/ social services/charitable work birth/nationality/domicile certificates etc to provide credible evidence of father. family photographs property documents, local council documents. There will be plenty. not just a single bank account.

In terms of point #3 that looks pretty straight forward as it require stronger documentation.

for point #5 IMHO it looks difficult as she currently doesn't work, no social ties to provide evidence which could have bolstered her claim that she would return to the home country. On the hindsight you or applicant may have overlooked few things which could have supported her claim. Try thinking what else is there that she could use in her application.

sali11

Post by sali11 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:23 pm

Thank you very much for your time and advice - it really is very helpful. I think I can certainly provide more documentaion regarding other siblings in the new visa application. My father is retired and there is no pension but we actually did provide some other documents like Savings certificates, Car ownership/registration document, Annual house tax document, Electricuty bill. My only worry is that how else do I prove his presense in Pakistan? Another stamppaper?

Thanks

vokz86
Newly Registered

Post by vokz86 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:55 am

Did u apply again if yes what was the result?