ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN & MN1 Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

madhumesh
India

AN & MN1 Referee

Post by madhumesh » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:05 am

Hi All,

I am about to submit my natuaralisation along with my wife and two kids. Had some queries regarding referee with stated requirement in guidelines:
One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional
capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a
professional person or over the age of 25.
Each referee should know the child personally and should be:
•not related to the child
•not related to the other referee
•not acting as a solicitor or agent in connection with this application
•not employed by the Home Office
We will not accept a referee who has been convicted of an imprisonable offence during
the last 10 unless that conviction can be disregarded in line with the table shown on
page 23 of this Guide.
1) Is requirement that referee must know applicant for more than 3 year is removed for AN and MN1 applications? I can't find any mention of time period in either guide or forms . The kids have recently moved school and teacher agreed to sign only know them for a year.

2) if not, I have family friend as company director and another other one as nurse. Can one of them sign for our children but they are not professionally engaged with them? I am assuming HO should be lenient with child. In case of child Passport even someone knowing parents can sign.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: AN & MN1 Referee

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:20 pm

1. Form AN clearly states the referee must know you for 3 years. Point 5.5 in the MN1 form gives guidance on referees for children which does not require the '3 years' criteria. The school teacher will be fine for your children.

2. Any of those for form AN, but ideally point 1 above for MN1 (rules are a little bit more relaxed for children and referees).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.