ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for Baby born in India, while baby is in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gagrawal81
Newly Registered

British passport for Baby born in India, while baby is in UK

Post by gagrawal81 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi,

Myself and my wife got UK ILR in Nov 2013 and then my wife returned to India for baby delivery, who was born in Feb 2014 in India. They returned back to UK in June 2014. My son was given 5 years ILR visa in India.

Now, I have got the UK citizenship and have got british passport. My wife is going to apply for her citizenship very soon. I am not very clear in my son can apply for british citizenship and if yes, under which category.

Can someone please help? Have already booked a NCS appointment for 31 March.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: British passport for Baby born in India, while baby is i

Post by Mauser1905 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:18 am

gagrawal81 wrote:Hi,

Myself and my wife got UK ILR in Nov 2013 and then my wife returned to India for baby delivery, who was born in Feb 2014 in India. They returned back to UK in June 2014. My son was given 5 years ILR visa in India.

Now, I have got the UK citizenship and have got british passport. My wife is going to apply for her citizenship very soon. I am not very clear in my son can apply for british citizenship and if yes, under which category.

Can someone please help? Have already booked a NCS appointment for 31 March.
If the baby was born in the UK he/she would been elligible for automatic registration entitlement under Section 1(3).
As the baby is born outside the UK, you are naturalised and wife is on ILR [eligible to become british (assuming no reason for the refusal)]

You can apply under Section 3(1) registration of minors at discretion (of home office).

All at face value only.

Please have a look into the 'children' section in the following link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html