ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Creating Jobs & Work Duration

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prajwal87

Creating Jobs & Work Duration

Post by prajwal87 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi All,

I am on a 50K Entrepreneur Visa.

I will be making a Feature length film as part of my 50K Investment. I would be hiring around 20 Full time employees during the production and post production.

My question to all is-

1. The production and post production will occur for roughly 3 months. Therefore I will have 20 Employees for 3 months only. Does my requirement of hiring/Creating two jobs suffice with this project ?

I am a little confused with the guidance policy with this regard. let me know if anybody else has another perspective.

Thank you for your time.

alex877
Newly Registered

Re: Creating Jobs & Work Duration

Post by alex877 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:06 pm

Did you apply before April 2014?

prajwal87

Post by prajwal87 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:32 pm

yes, December 2013.

prajwal87

Post by prajwal87 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi,

It would be good to get some reviews on this topic from everybody. Even if there is a similar thread if someone can point me in that direction that would help me and others...

live4pride
- thin ice -

Post by live4pride » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:18 pm

prajwal87 wrote:Hi All,

I am on a 50K Entrepreneur Visa.

I will be making a Feature length film as part of my 50K Investment. I would be hiring around 20 Full time employees during the production and post production.

My question to all is-

1. The production and post production will occur for roughly 3 months. Therefore I will have 20 Employees for 3 months only. Does my requirement of hiring/Creating two jobs suffice with this project ?

I am a little confused with the guidance policy with this regard. let me know if anybody else has another perspective.

Thank you for your time.
If I were you would have hired people in a way that it would spread across the year. For example research based employee may be part time in the beginning of year, for storyline, market etc and then director producer artists etc. But as a business am still not sure how you going to convince about what you did in the rest of your time. About jobs yes you should be fine if the hours are covered. I don't know if it helps just thought to say :)
where there's a will there's a way

prajwal87

Post by prajwal87 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:32 am

thanks for the thought. Currently, I have couple of projects which I work through my LTD company . That keeps the LTD company running. Thought the Investment would qualify for the extension.