ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee visa - questions I can't find the answer to!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gemology

Fiancee visa - questions I can't find the answer to!

Post by gemology » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of compiling evidence to make a fiancee visa application with my US fiancee.

I have spent a lot of time researching what we need to provide. We already had a General Visitor Visa refused and I don't want to fail again.

There are still a few key issues which I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to. I'd really appreciate any guidance you could offer from your experience.

1. I have a new contract which confirms original start date, salary and end date of current contract. Do I still need a letter from my employer confirming all this (seems pointless!)

2. Will it be an issue that my contract is only until 31st March 2016? I earn over the £18,600 limit and have good savings that we could live off for at least a year if I was rendered jobless.

3. Do my bank statements (printed from my online account as I use paperless banking) need to be stamped by the bank to say they are legitimate? The printouts are the same as the standard bank statements I'd get in the post, except they say 'duplicate' on them.

4. Do I need to submit a P60 in addition to my 6 payslips and bank statements?

5. Is it going to be an issue if we start planning a very small intimate wedding? I read in the guidance that they expect a decent number of guests, including significant family members. It is unlikely that any of my fiancee's family will be able to afford to come to the wedding, and with all the visa, travel and wedding costs I won't be able to pay for them. I will however have my parents, sister, close friends etc.

6. Do I need an accommodation report? I rent a good sized 2 bed flat for which I have the tenancy agreement. I have prepared a document which shows photographs of the property. Is this enough? Do I need to include the inventory report as well, just to prove it has the number of rooms I said it does?

7. Do letters from family members (such as my fiancee's Mother) confirming our relationship hold any sway, particularly as she probably can't attend the wedding?

8. Photos from visits - I have photos with my fiancee's family members but to an outsider I could have provided photos with other people and just said they were her family. Should I try to prove that her Mother is her Mother (e.g. by providing copy of fiancee's birth certificate and Mother's photo ID)?

9. My fiancee wants to get professional engagement photos taken during my next visit (third visit, we got engaged earlier this month when I visited). She thinks it will provide additional evidence that we are in a legitimate relationship. I think it won't be worth much to the Officer assessing the application. I will be supplying a few emails, plus viber, Kik, facebook and Skype evidence although much of it does not date all the way back to when we first got together (only Skype) as the call/message history is auto-deleted after a while. Of course I'll also have ticket stubs, hotel reservations etc from my 3 visits too.

10. Wedding planning evidence. It's a little difficult to plan anything when I don't know if/when my fiancee will be able to enter the UK. Do I actually have to start booking things for a specific date (which I imagine requires a deposit in many cases), or are email enquiries ok? I can't even buy a dress or anything because she needs to choose it and at least try it on! I do have the engagement ring receipt which I'll provide.

Very sorry for the long winded post but I really need some guidance please. If anything needs clarifying let me know.

Thank you :)

DieselD

Re: Fiancee visa - questions I can't find the answer to!

Post by DieselD » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:15 pm

I went through the fiancé route. I was refused entry when coming in on a visitor visa as I said at some stage I will marry.

I applied for a fiancé visa back in my own country and had the following evidence in place.

Photos of relationship
Emails of travel together
Printed Skype messages of relationship
Deposit paid to hotel in the UK for wedding venue and proof wedding would take place.
Joint names on council tax as proof of premises that I would live in the UK
Sponsors mortgage statements
Sponsors bank statements
Letters of our intentions
Letter confirming employment for sponsor and earnings exceeding £19000
Letter of refusal of visitor visa
Passports
Birth certificates
English Certificate A1

The fiancé visa took one month to be approved.

In the UK interviewed by the Council and presented joint Coucil Tax bill as proof of UK Address.
Married in the hotel and venue as I had stated.
Applied for FLM and granted with biometric resident permit.

I think the key issues were proof of relationship, intention to marry and live at a certain address in the UK, proof of sponsors funds.

I had also passed the English Test Esol A1 at that stage. Best is level B1 now.

You can get most of the information by downloading application forms and checking you have all the relevant information. Read past posts on this forum as many have asked the same questions as you and will find all your answers.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)