ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 & Locum/ Supplemetary work

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

speedo812003
Newly Registered

Tier 2 & Locum/ Supplemetary work

Post by speedo812003 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:56 am

Hi All!

I hope you all are keeping well. I was writing to find out more about doing extra/supplementary work on Tier 2 visa. I currently hold a Tier 2 visa sponsored by my LETB/Deanery as I am in a run-through specialty training programme for doctors.

My query was whether I am eligible to do locums/extra work at hospitals under the same LETB/Deanery that is sponsoring me other than the one that I am currently rotating to as part of my training? If I can, then are these locums supposed to be less than 20 hours/week as is specified under Tier 2 visa rules for extra/supplementary work by UKVI?

I would be very grateful if you could answer my query in the best manner possible.

Cheers!

wtmlive

Re: Tier 2 & Locum/ Supplemetary work

Post by wtmlive » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Sure you can.
You can work anywhere in the UK. You can work through an agency or can register with hospitals directly.

The only thing to worry about is that your current sponsors might not like you doing it as you are in a training post. Better check your contract and your supervisors because you will be needing references anyway.
You might not be able to work over your annual leave but might be able to over Christmas and New Year's.
You have to stay within 20 hours a week limit, that's Monday to Sunday.

speedo812003
Newly Registered

Post by speedo812003 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:13 pm

Thanks! My query is whether I can work in all the hospitals which come under the Deanery/LETB without the 20 hour restriction as technically I would still be working for the same employer? Can the gurus please help?!!

cool_doc
Newly Registered

Post by cool_doc » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:37 am

Hello,

Thats really interesting question. Even I am a trainee and as per new rules our sponsorhips has been declared as "SINGLE SPONSOR" visa, technically it means UK ENGLAND NHS is one sponsor (not applicable for non-trainee doctors) henceforth exempted from RLMT in round 1 for ST3/4 applications. Hence, technically speaking can't trainee (who has single sponsored tier 2) can work as Locum and could be exempted from 20hr/week locum rule ??

Can anyone help us out our regarding that?

Thanks.