ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for my child British Passport without registration?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adbelat
Newly Registered

Apply for my child British Passport without registration?

Post by adbelat » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:41 am

Hello and many thanks for this superb forum - your help and assistance are much appreciated.

My query is about the possibility to apply for British Passport for my two kids without having to apply for registration first (both kids born in the UK - Northern Ireland before my wife and I obtained ILR).
My wife and I obtained ILR in 2013, then I've got British passport last year (2014). My wife couldn't apply for citizenship with me last year as she did not complete five years of residency then - she has now passed the required English test (IELTS) and will soon apply for citizenship as a spouse of British Citizen.

My question is: Now that I have the British Passport (for nearly a year), can I apply for my two kids' british passports directly i.e. without applying for their registration? Please note that both kids were born in the UK before my wife and I obtained ILR in 2013 and they have obtained the Irish passport on their birth as they were born in Northern Ireland. I have never applied for their UK visa since they had Irish passports which allowed them to travel out and back in the UK. They also posses a non-EU passport.

I would appreciate your clarification as to how shall I proceed?
Many thanks.

vinny

Re: Apply for my child British Passport without registration

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:00 am

Is a parent Irish or were the kids born prior to 2005?

Why would they want British passports, if they have Irish ones?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

adbelat
Newly Registered

Post by adbelat » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:07 pm

Thanks for your reply.
None of the parents are Irish and the kids were not born before 2005 (they were born before we obtained ILR). I now have a dual nationality (british + non-EU) and my wife has a non-EU passport at this moment (+ ILR and intend to apply for british passport soon). I want to apply for the kids british passports as I learned that they are entitled to it and make them and all family have the same passport (british).

can I apply for the kids british passports without applying for their registration first?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:08 pm

Probably not without registration. Under which provisions were they granted Irish passports?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:37 pm

I have come across my ex-colleague whose child has Irish, British and Russian passports.