ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application For Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hikz
BANNED

Application For Citizenship

Post by hikz » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi Guys,

I was granted a 5 years leave to remain back in 2011 based on my asylum claim and for humanitarian reasons. I also hold a convention travel document as I'm classed as a stateless refugee. My leave is due in January 2016, however I'm a little bit scared. Ever since I was granted my leave I have been working and paying taxes, I have also contributed towards the community quite a lot especially with anti-radicalisation groups and I work with social services and at a college helping teenagers in need.

However, I have a few motoring offences on my record and on one occasion where I was charged for a motoring offence, the police officer stated that one of the charges was: Obstructing/Resisting a police officer, which never took place and I was only made aware of that after apply for a CRB. I also, have unpaid fines notices where a few court judgments were obtained against me but they are not on my CRB or showing or my credit report.

I have a few questions, and I do sincerely apologise for the long post I just wanted to give the person who wishes to answer as much info as I could.

Firstly, what impact does these offences have on my application for an indefinite leave to remain or a naturalisation application?

Secondly, can I apply for naturalisation straight away, or do I have to apply for an indefinite leave to remain first?

Thirdly, how soon can/should I apply for whatever application?

And finally, if the offences were to affect me, how do they affect me i.e do they give me another 5 years etc... ?

Note: my offences are mainly driving without insurance/appropriate license.. I was quite young and stupid and im kinda still young now but hopefully not stupid lol.

Thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Application For Citizenship

Post by milan69 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:14 pm

If not married to BC in order to apply for naturalisation you need to have been UK resident for the last 5 years and hold ILR.
I am sometimes wrong.

hikz
BANNED

Post by hikz » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks for the reply, any help on the other questions with regards to the offences.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:59 pm

hikz wrote:Thanks for the reply, any help on the other questions with regards to the offences.
Did you take a look at this thread about good character etc?
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

hikz
BANNED

Post by hikz » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:29 pm

So if my offences were 3 years old.it should be fine? I have qquite a few to be honest