ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A nationality Change

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jca142
Newly Registered

A nationality Change

Post by jca142 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:26 pm

So I am a UK national. My wife has a Ukrainian passport with her UK Residence Family Permit. The issue is that she originates from the Crimea... was part of the Ukraine and now part of Russia! The Ukrainian Embassy in London have told my wife when her passport comes up for renewal they will not renew it as she is from the Crimea and is now Russian. My wife has applied for a Russian Passport and this is being processed. Is there an easy way for her to get the visa out of her Ukrainian passport into her Russian passport? Or will she need to reapply?
She does not have a Biometric visa....

Thanks

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: A nationality Change

Post by Mauser1905 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:39 pm

I am no expert in this matter, my 2 pence:

Russia allows dual citizenship. Not sure if Ukraine allows.

Does this mean her Ukrainian citizenship is nullified (as Ukraine embassy stating they wont renew and Russia passport advisory)?

If she retains both the citizenships then IMHO there may not be urgent requirement to get the visa in her Russian passport.

In my view she will have to apply to transfer the visa to her new Russian passport. Her case will be special circumstances, better to contact ukvi or HO directly and clarify the matter.