ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND QUALIFICATION REQ**

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hallamking
Newly Registered

**KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND QUALIFICATION REQ**

Post by hallamking » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:25 pm

Hi Guys

Subject: KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT.

I have a quick enquiry about the naturalisation application (AN) where one of the criteria under section 1 (1.2) of Knowledgeoflanguage/lifeintheUK:

✔ I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification; OR

✔ I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
(i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
(ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country(other than Canada); OR

✔ I am a national of a majority English speaking country; OR

✔ I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013; OR

✔ I wish to claim exemption on the basis of my physical or mental condition (physical and/or mental illness
may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide reasons on page 15. Your application may fail
and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for exemption are provided).

My Question to you is I have my IELTS certificate taken in 2006 in India,for previous Immigration purposes.Will this be valid for speaking and listening Qualification in English B1 CEFR or higher.
I also have a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from Sheffield Hallam University will this be accepted as a qualification taught in English.

And further regarding my wife's Qualification, she has a Bachelors degree from India which on Point Based Calculator gets her 20 Points for qualification and 10 points for degree taught in English Language. So can I submit evidence from the on-line points calculator, together with the original degree certificate, to demonstrate that my wife can satisfy the English language element of the Knowledge of Language in the UK requirement or do I still need to obtain confirmation from UK NARIC that the qualification was taught or researched in English by requesting an English Language Assessment (ELA) and also request a Statement of Comparability.

If someone could please revert back to me will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

britishenglish

Re: **KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND QUALIFICATION REQ**

Post by britishenglish » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:26 am

An ielts is sufficient it does not matter if its expire and taken abroad and even if was not used previously its still be acceptable.

fqvision

Re: **KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND QUALIFICATION REQ**

Post by fqvision » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:37 am

hallamking wrote:Hi Guys

Subject: KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT.

I have a quick enquiry about the naturalisation application (AN) where one of the criteria under section 1 (1.2) of Knowledgeoflanguage/lifeintheUK:

✔ I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification; OR

✔ I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
(i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
(ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country(other than Canada); OR

✔ I am a national of a majority English speaking country; OR

✔ I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013; OR

✔ I wish to claim exemption on the basis of my physical or mental condition (physical and/or mental illness
may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide reasons on page 15. Your application may fail
and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for exemption are provided).

my application approved, i submit my IELTS expired in 2009,

hope this is answer for you.

My Question to you is I have my IELTS certificate taken in 2006 in India,for previous Immigration purposes.Will this be valid for speaking and listening Qualification in English B1 CEFR or higher.
I also have a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from Sheffield Hallam University will this be accepted as a qualification taught in English.

And further regarding my wife's Qualification, she has a Bachelors degree from India which on Point Based Calculator gets her 20 Points for qualification and 10 points for degree taught in English Language. So can I submit evidence from the on-line points calculator, together with the original degree certificate, to demonstrate that my wife can satisfy the English language element of the Knowledge of Language in the UK requirement or do I still need to obtain confirmation from UK NARIC that the qualification was taught or researched in English by requesting an English Language Assessment (ELA) and also request a Statement of Comparability.

If someone could please revert back to me will be highly appreciated.

Thanks