ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your help please - professional reference

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

newbie-1982
Newly Registered

Your help please - professional reference

Post by newbie-1982 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi all,

So confused about this!

My husband's first referee is a 29 year old, personal friend, who is a British citizen.

For the second referee, I am completely stuck! Having gone through the accepted 'list', I think we can meet this one - Director/Manager/Personnel Officer of a VAT registered Company. We have a friend who is the OWNER of his own business which is VAT registered. Will this be ok?! I know they say Director, Manager, Personnel Officer of a VAT registered company but as the owner, surely he meets all of these?

Could someone PLEASE clarify that these two referees will be ok?! This has been a nightmare! :roll:

xpscapable
Australia

Re: Your help please - professional reference

Post by xpscapable » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Why don't you ask your friend if he's also the director of the company? I know a lot of people who is the owner/director of a limited company. They are fine for reference

newbie-1982
Newly Registered

Post by newbie-1982 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:34 pm

It isn't a 'limited' company though - only VAT registered? It does say that is accepted on the form? I presume if he is the owner, he is the manager and Director as well?!

I apologise if I am being super thick!

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:49 pm

newbie-1982 wrote:It isn't a 'limited' company though - only VAT registered? It does say that is accepted on the form? I presume if he is the owner, he is the manager and Director as well?!

I apologise if I am being super thick!
Why not ask the friend directly instead of guessing? business with vat registration, should be ok.