ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation as Refugees applied who were still waiting.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Naturalisation as Refugees applied who were still waiting.

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:31 am

Hi there,
I would like to know how many people are submitted their application as Refugee back in last year. Who are still waiting for decision. Please any one those whose application as refugee applied. Share your experience here it will be helpful for other who are still waiting. I am one of them who were waiting since last year February. And still not heard decision but just I received your application is still under consideration. Now my waiting is more than 13 month but unfortunately as refugee we are third category human in this recast country. Even no criminal record either uk or home country. In the past 9 year I was lived here my child is also British borne. The other two child is with my application are still not decided. Please share your time line here either if you were granted or still waiting Thank you.
Best wishes for all.
Babe khyber

Refugee UK
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation as Refugees applied who were still waitin

Post by Refugee UK » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Hi Babe Khyber,

As I understand, new Good Character criteria will be applied to even those cases which are in process. Don't you think you may be one of the victims of this criteria? Was your entry illegal (e.g. deception )? In this case they can reject it on the grounds that you will have to wait for 10 years.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:34 am

Thank you refugee uk for comment. The 10 year rules will be from the date of entry or the date of refusal please clearifying. In 1951 un convention mentioned any refugee won't be illegal if they claim within 72 hours. Secondly Claiming asylum is not a crime? Please reply anyone who were affected and all those people who were similar situation can share your experience. Thank you.
Babe khyber

moxa
Newly Registered

Post by moxa » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:08 pm

Applied in May 2014
got the further 3-6 month waiting letter
and that's all, no more updates even after involving the MP

I claimed asylum upon arrival on the airport, however I was sentenced for 3 months - This is what stated in my CRB "Unable to provide an immigration document at leave or asylum interview in respect of self". This is the only criminal conviction on my name, day 1 in the UK!

I am not sure if the change of the "good character" requirements will result in my application refusal. However, I don't believe it's fair to employ the new regulations on people who applied before Dec 2014. My application met the criteria when I applied. Anyone knows / have been in similar situation?

Many thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:37 pm

moxa wrote: I don't believe it's fair to employ the new regulations on people who applied before Dec 2014. My application met the criteria when I applied. Anyone knows / have been in similar situation?
Unfortunately, the changes to the Good Character requirement that came into effect in December 2014 are being applied to all undecided applications. While the following is not an asylum/refugee case, it's an example of how this change resulted in refusal on a application made last year.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 83379.html

See page 21-22 - Section 8.7 which is informative when it comes to asylum cases. Anyone applying as a refugee may find it helpful to establish which category you fall under based on individual circumstances.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 141212.pdf