ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consultation

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinny

Consultation

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:19 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

cancerian

Re: Consultation

Post by cancerian » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:11 pm

what it is regarding, it says evidence what evidence they are talking about.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:19 am

Anyone who is interested in the future of Tier 1 Entrepreneur program including current holders of leave in this category or pending and potential switchers, should consider attending the MAC consultation meeting. I am going!

quote -

A meeting to discuss the evidence partners could provide and to hear partners’ views will be hosted by the MAC at 2 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 4DF on 17 April 2015 at 9:30 until 11:30 in conference room 6.

Partners who would like to attend this meeting should get in touch with the MAC secretariat at mac@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they will be notified of the timings and agenda for the meeting. All partners wishing to attend must notify the MAC in advance of attending the event and must bring photo ID with them to obtain entry to 2 Marsham Street.
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:09 pm

Fresh from the MAC consultation meeting.

Their report is not due until end of September 2015, so probably we are not looking at changes until November.
People on that committee are so far removed from reality, they could as well be on Mars.

They admitted to not having met with a SINGLE ONE Tier 1 Investor migrant -- despite, they claim, their best efforts -- while making recommendations to change that route.

And the sole entrepreneur at today's meeting was from this forum.

Some very agitated professor there was genuinely perplexed at apparently news to him that applications made at overseas posts are considered at posts (although he seemed to miss that the complain about incompetence in decision making, and inadequate skills and training of visa officers to assess genuiness in this category, that we were ALL making, relates to Sheffield as much, if not more, than to posts).

After that, when I mentioned that in many countries banking systems are so volatile that people will not keep 200 000 pounds on an account for 90 days, he embarked, unexpectedly, on an anti-Putin rant (directed apparently at me because I am Russian).

He said the system is supposed to benefit Britain, not rescue some Russians from their thug government, he literally said -- thug.

And of course they all kept talking about genuiness, completely ignoring the fact that original principles of points based system did not require that a person run the business day to day themselves, or that they have a business plan, only that they have the funds and comply with the rules.

Some colleagues made excellent points, and generally points across the advisors and lawyers were all exactly the same. So how come these MAC people are so clueless to thing everyone else in the room understands independently because they are obvious?

There will be a spillover consultation on the 28th, those who can please go. These people can sure benefit from meeting "actual migrants"? in fact they are asking anyone on t1E to get in touch who is willing to give their thoughts.
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

niomi
United States of America

Post by niomi » Thu May 14, 2015 8:13 pm

Did anyone attend the 28 April meeting?