ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Visitor.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mustafa.123
Newly Registered

Child Visitor.

Post by Mustafa.123 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:40 pm

Hello, I will be travelling to the UK with a younger sibling who is under 18 at the time of application but will reach the age of maturity by the intended date of travel. Does she qualify as a child visitor or should i apply for a general visitor visa for her even though she will be a minor at that point in time

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: Child Visitor.

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:48 pm

Mustafa.123 wrote:Hello, I will be travelling to the UK with a younger sibling who is under 18 at the time of application but will reach the age of maturity by the intended date of travel. Does she qualify as a child visitor or should i apply for a general visitor visa for her even though she will be a minor at that point in time
IMHO the visa application should be based on what age the applicant is at the time of the application irrespective of turning adult during the visa duration.