ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 after Doctorate Extension Scheme

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ranawol
Newly Registered

Tier 4 after Doctorate Extension Scheme

Post by Ranawol » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi members,

I have done MSc from a University and total time spent on this visa was 25 months.
I have done got visa for PhD for 43 months in total so the total time I spent on Student visas is about 68 months (less than 6 years).After PhD I got visa for Doctorate Extension Scheme.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a tier 2 job until now and my visa will expire in June

Now I want opinions from senior members that can I apply for another MSc course which is going to start in July.
Will it be Academic progression as I'm going to learn some new techniques that wasn't covered in PhD?
The MSc course I want to apply is research based and not a taught program.

Second question is about maintenance
Will I qualify for established presence as currently I'm on doctorate extension scheme?

Your swift response will be highly appreciated.
I need only one more year's visa to qualify for 10 years long residence and I'm disturbed and worried due to being jobless and a lot of loan taken to study in the UK.

Kind regards
Rana

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 4 after Doctorate Extension Scheme

Post by Greenie » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:19 pm

You won't have established presence as you haven't completed a course of at least 6 months' duration in your most recent period of leave.

Do you have a specific course in mind at a specific institution? Have they made you an offer yet and do they know your immigration/academic history. It would be up to the tier 4 sponsor to confirm whether you are making academic progression. As you will be going down an academic level there would have to be pretty exceptional reasons to explain how this course represents progression from your phD. They are likely to interview you.

Ranawol
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 after Doctorate Extension Scheme

Post by Ranawol » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:00 pm

Thanks Greenie, really appreciate your response.

I have just applied to the university but I guess there is no need to wait for their response as you cleared about the established presence. I can't afford to show such big amount of money so this route is not good for me.

Now I've to find a job.

Thanks

Rana