ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

application fees confusion!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nolada

application fees confusion!!

Post by nolada » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:57 am

Hello there, the fees as i knew will change after 6th April.. Iam on 5years 5years tier1+1year ILR so how much my fees will be for naturalization please is it just £1005 or some thing more
Thank you

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: application fees confusion!!

Post by fwd079 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:00 am

Yes it is, click here for full fee list.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:03 am

There will most probably be a small fee (independent to this) for registering biometrics at the post office.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:06 am

cs95tdg wrote:There will most probably be a small fee (independent to this) for registering biometrics at the post office.
Oh yes, forgot about that £40 or £50 added for Biometric. :? Thanks.

nolada

Post by nolada » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:17 am

Are they gonna tell me about that small fees at NCS appointment or add up in same payment?

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:20 am

nolada wrote:Are they gonna tell me about that small fees at NCS appointment or add up in same payment?
No, that will be after your application is posted and received by Home Office. Just like at the time of ILR, you will now receive a letter, asking you to enroll your Biometric to nearest qualified post office. That letter will tell you the fee as well.
Mine was £40 I think at the time of ILR, but I am guessing it will be a bit more than that.

But its all coming into effect after April 5, 2015, so we will soon know how much they will charge for Biometric.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:22 pm

fwd079 wrote:Mine was £40 I think at the time of ILR, but I am guessing it will be a bit more than that.

But its all coming into effect after April 5, 2015, so we will soon know how much they will charge for Biometric.
Then the biometric fee is not as small as I thought it would be. The one time I did enroll mine at a post office, it was around £20. ILR was at a PEO, so didn't have to pay a separate fee for biometrics enrolment.

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:15 pm

As it now says in the AN guidance, if you have previously given Biometric (for ILR) and have been issued a BRP already, you will NOT have to submit biometrics again. It is those who have never submitted biometrics, that will have to do so when they apply for naturalisation. The guide also say that they will hold on to the biometric details until they receive a confirmation that the applicant has attended the citizenship ceremony.

To put it in simple words, if you have a BRP already, you dont pay any addition biometric fee, the process doesn't involve going to post office again for biometric submission.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:35 pm

New fee table published today.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:16 pm

vignezh wrote:As it now says in the AN guidance, if you have previously given Biometric (for ILR) and have been issued a BRP already, you will NOT have to submit biometrics again. It is those who have never submitted biometrics, that will have to do so when they apply for naturalisation. The guide also say that they will hold on to the biometric details until they receive a confirmation that the applicant has attended the citizenship ceremony.

To put it in simple words, if you have a BRP already, you dont pay any addition biometric fee, the process doesn't involve going to post office again for biometric submission.
I believe you are mistaken. You will need to enrol your biometric details (with a fee at a Post Office). This is irrespective of whether you currently have a BRP or not. What the AN guidance does say is that you will not be issued with a new BRP as part of the naturalisation process. It also states that your existing BRP will be returned to you and that your fingerprints will be retained until they are notified that you have attended your citizenship ceremony. This is on page 13 of the AN guide.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf

oace

Post by oace » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:11 am

I agree with cs95tdg, irrespective of the fact that you have BRP or have given biometrics in the past, one needs to give biometrics again if the HO receive your application on or after 6th April 2015. I phoned HO to confirm this. The fee will be £19.20, the guy mentioned over the phone.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:28 am

oace wrote:The fee will be £19.20, the guy mentioned over the phone.
Thanks for sharing the Biometric fee. So it is a small fee after all.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:33 am

Ah okay, mine might be 40 since I was doing for both myself and daughter.