ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Application- date of application vs date of receipt

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashwini_k

NCS Application- date of application vs date of receipt

Post by ashwini_k » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:19 pm

I I had a question for people who have previously applied for their naturalisation at an NCS.

I will be applying for my citizenship via the NCS route and wanted to ask how soon after the appointment at NCS was the application received by the UKBA.

I was out of the country on assignment on the day I complete my 5 years. My question is that I returned for 2 days to the U.K. For example I returned to UK on the 23rd and 24th of a month. Can I apply at ncs on the 23rd and expect application to be received by UKBA on the 24th?

Would appreciate if people can share their experiences.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: NCS Application- date of application vs date of receipt

Post by milan69 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:50 am

If you apply via NCS it should take no more than 2 days for HO to receive the application.
I am sometimes wrong.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:54 am

Check with the NCS as some send apps daily and others send batches of apps once a week. Date of application is the day/date +1 that HO receives it.

If your timeframe is so tight, it might be worth waiting as if HO receives it on a day that you were not physically in the UK exactly 5 years ago, your application will be refused
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashwini_k

Post by ashwini_k » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:24 am

Thank you for the answers.

My timeframe is tight. Else could mean that I have to wait 3-4 months before I can apply again. I was trying to get it sorted out at the earliest.

One more question question, could I book ncs appointment on 22nd. Even though I was not in the country on the 22nd 5 years ago?That way I still have 2 days for HO to receive application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:40 am

The relevant date that needs to correspond with 5 years ago is the date that HO receives it, not NCS. Check with the NCS you want to use how frequently they send the applications. It is a lot of money to lose if there is a hiccup (postal strike, someone forgot, etc) and you are refused due to your tight timeline.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

great.britain
Newly Registered

Post by great.britain » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:49 pm

Hi CR001

I along with my wife and tŵo under 10 kids applied for naturalisation via Hammersmith NCS yesterday 1/4/15. They told me that they would post my application to UKVI today 2/4/15 and the application would reach Home Office on Tuesday 7/4/15 and Home Office would accept it and take the old fee even if the application reached there after the new fee comes into effect.

The NCS officer said that it is an arrangement between Hammersmith NCS and Home Office. He added that HO accepts Naturalisation application date as it is submitted to the NCS.

Plz let me know if it is true or am I going to pay the difference in fee and the new AN and MN1 forms?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards
Ali

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:27 pm

great.britain wrote:Hi CR001

I along with my wife and tŵo under 10 kids applied for naturalisation via Hammersmith NCS yesterday 1/4/15. They told me that they would post my application to UKVI today 2/4/15 and the application would reach Home Office on Tuesday 7/4/15 and Home Office would accept it and take the old fee even if the application reached there after the new fee comes into effect.

The NCS officer said that it is an arrangement between Hammersmith NCS and Home Office. He added that HO accepts Naturalisation application date as it is submitted to the NCS.

Plz let me know if it is true or am I going to pay the difference in fee and the new AN and MN1 forms?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards
Ali
Interesting.
However as you said, it could be an arrangement between HO and Council but I am not sure. As I've seem from vinny's posted link in another discussion:
6.3.2 Who is the appropriate receiving authority?
For applications received on or after 16 July 2012, the appropriate „receiving authorities‟ are:
i. the Home Secretary if, on the date of receipt, the applicant is in Great Britain or Northern Ireland;

6.3.3 What is the date of application?

6.3.3.1 The date of application is the date of its receipt by the appropriate "receiving authority", as explained in paragraph 6.3.2, prescribed by paragraph 4 of the British Nationality (General) Regulations 1982 and 2003 as amended.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

great.britain
Newly Registered

Post by great.britain » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:13 am

Hi Fwd079

Thanks for sharing HO doc in Vinny's previous post where it clearly states that the date of application is the date when HO receives the application.

You're right. It seems interesting, but Hammersmith NCS Officer's statement that they have an arrangement with HO seems confusing and misleading! I may be proved wrong if HO doesn't ask me to pay the difference between the old fee and the new fee after HO receives my application on 7/04/2015.

Any other thoughts/experiences on this particular scenario?

Regards

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:04 pm

I'd now wait and see. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

ashwini_k

Post by ashwini_k » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:06 pm

great.britain wrote:Hi Fwd079

Thanks for sharing HO doc in Vinny's previous post where it clearly states that the date of application is the date when HO receives the application.

You're right. It seems interesting, but Hammersmith NCS Officer's statement that they have an arrangement with HO seems confusing and misleading! I may be proved wrong if HO doesn't ask me to pay the difference between the old fee and the new fee after HO receives my application on 7/04/2015.

Any other thoughts/experiences on this particular scenario?

Regards
What was the outcome? Was the date of receipt by home office on the 7th?

great.britain
Newly Registered

Post by great.britain » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:52 pm

Hi ashwini_k

I submitted my application on 01/04/15 and Hammersmith NCS officer posted my application on 02/04/15.
HO received it on 07/04/15.... but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

I'm assuming that HO will take the payment next week.....fingers crossed!

I'll keep you guys posted.

Cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:51 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ashwini_k

Post by ashwini_k » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:49 pm

Vinny, I read recently on the forum that now date of application with NCS is considered to be the date of receipt by home office. Could you confirm please?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:16 pm

Confirmed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:50 pm

Although the form AN does state:
form AN wrote:The date of application will be the date your form is received by the Home Office, Nationality Checking Service or the local British government representative as shown above.
I haven't seen the Nationality Instructions > 6.3.3 nor Regulations updated to include the NCS as a receiving authority.

Which is strange.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Hi all,

I've just rang my local NCS and they've stated that the Date of Application is now NCS appointment.
This is a recent decision and all councils who offer NCS have been informed.
I also asked from what date does this new decision apply, but she didn't know so I can only assume from the date of their letter when they received it....

ashwini_k

Post by ashwini_k » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Excellent. I was travelling a lot 5 years back and it was stressful trying to figure out an appropriate date to apply.

If anyone finds any HO note which confirms this, would be very helpful.

Thank you!