ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR refused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fqvision

ILR refused

Post by fqvision » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:33 am

Hi all,
My friend live in UK and his partner have European passport, they both live in UK,
He applied for IRL this year but application refused due to calming benefits, he decided to apply again EEA visa with he have now for 5 years.

Rejection on his visa that wife not working and he is working part time,
My question is can he apply IRL if his wife start working? Or he need to wait for 5 years and then apply for ILR ??

FAD

Casa

Re: ILR refused

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:53 am

ILR is for those who are here under UK Regulations. From your post it appears that he is resident under EU rules which requires his wife (as the sponsor) to be exercising her Treaty rights, but it seems she isn't as you say she's unemployed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.