ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR acceptable bank statement and a few form related querie

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

timbob

ILR acceptable bank statement and a few form related querie

Post by timbob » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:06 am

Hi all,

I'm applying for ILR in two weeks time which will be 24 days before completion of the qualifying period and I'll just like to check my understanding of bank statements and a few other documents required for submission.

Question 1:
I have a bank statement printed for me at my local Lloyds branch this morning. It wasn't on letter-headed paper but the cashier stamped every page and said it should be acceptable for visa application. The print outs contained my name, address, account number. In addition, the bank name and logo were both printed in black and white. Am I right in thinking that this should be ok for showing my most recent salary and maintenance?

Question 2:
I have a letter from my employer which specifies my SOC, job title, salary and that I'm still needed in the job. I have only been absent from the UK on holiday for two weeks in the last five years. Does this letter also need to contain my absences from the uk?

Question 3:
A section of the SET O form asks about house rent/mortgage. I live in a house owned by my wife (I.e she owns the mortgage) so the check box about rent/mortgage doesn't apply to me. I was going to choose the 'other' checkbox and explain appropriately. This leaves the question of what to put in the box for rent/mortgage? I was thinking of putting the amount that I contribute towards the mortgage but I'm not sure whether that's right as the mortgage is hers only.

Thanks

P.s: I also ordered through the post but have the one I printed in branch as a back up in case the one ordered through the post does not come on time.

kyborg99

Re: ILR acceptable bank statement and a few form related que

Post by kyborg99 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:39 am

timbob wrote: Question 1:
Fine, no issues. I got HSBC statements printed out at branch and they did not even stamp them and they did not even give me a letter to support those statements - worked all fine for me.

Question 2:
Employer Letter is Fine, make sure its stamped, signed, has an HR/Finance contact details on it and also has your Gross salary payment details, Net salary details are nice to have. Employer doesnot need to give you an Absence letter - specially for such low Absence.

Question 3:
For 5.1 you can say Other. For 5.2 you can say Yes to Partner pay Mortgage

timbob

Re: ILR acceptable bank statement and a few form related que

Post by timbob » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:45 am

Brilliant. Thanks for your response.