ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extension IELTS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

hsmp_immigrant

HSMP extension IELTS

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:23 pm

I am planning to apply for HSMP extension in march 2008. Under new scheme now for extnesion I need to take IELTS in order to prove my english language skills. Though I have two year's Masters degree which was taught in english prior to that I did two years BSc which was also taught in english. I already have IELTS which I did in October 2004 where I scored as follows

Listening 8.0
Reading 6.0
Writing 7.0
Speaking 7.0

Overall score was 7.0. I would like to mention one more thing that I also did My Computer based TOEFL in Jun 2002 where I scored 233 overall and sectionwise score was

Listening 23
Structure/Writing 25
Reading 22

Both of these Tests that I appeared in were in Pakistan. And When I will be applying for extension I will have nearly 2 years working experience in UK in my respective field.

My question here is that Do I need to take IELTS again as my IELTS scores will be expired by the time I will apply or my IELTS and TOEFL scores will be suffice? If someone can guide me in this regard and provide me some informative links about this I would be a great help.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

ripvanwinkle
Newly Registered

Post by ripvanwinkle » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:05 pm

If you are applying for HSMP Extension then your Old IELTS results will be sufficient

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:41 pm

Your IELTS score should not be older than 2years.

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:45 pm

This is the confusion that is in my head..... will my IELTS older test result be suffice or I need to take the test again. Whereas for two years I am living in UK working for british employer.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:52 pm

Come on !
You said, you will apply for HSMP extension, it must not be your first application with Home Office.
Guidance notes clearly mentions about IELTS test. And it says "In order to demonstrate the required
knowledge of English, you must provide one of
the following forms of evidence:
an IELTS Test Report Form, issued in the two
years prior to the date that the application was
received by Work Permits (UK), at Band 6 or
above; or ..."

Download latest guidance notes from website, and do some study, if you are still in doubt, then this forum is always there.

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:09 pm

Hi,
Your old Test results are fine. Below is the extract from new FLR guidance notes: Valid from 9August 2007(i.e very latest)

10. Please note that, whilst for initial applications submitted under HSMP, the IELTS Report Form must be less than two years old at the time of application, for those seeking to extend their existing leave under HSMP, IELTS Report Forms which were issued more than two years prior to the date of the extension application, will be accepted.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... idance.pdf
see page number 31 and paragraph 10.

Hope it helps

Suresh

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:19 pm

gotcha wrote:Come on !
You said, you will apply for HSMP extension, it must not be your first application with Home Office.
Guidance notes clearly mentions about IELTS test. And it says "In order to demonstrate the required
knowledge of English, you must provide one of
the following forms of evidence:
an IELTS Test Report Form, issued in the two
years prior to the date that the application was
received by Work Permits (UK), at Band 6 or
above; or ..."

Download latest guidance notes from website, and do some study, if you are still in doubt, then this forum is always there.

Yes you are right but that document is for initial HSMP and for extension I am unable to find such may be I need to go through some more documents. The reason I say this is that there are people who are given2 years entry clearance when they get their initial HSMP cleared. So it is the case that they need to take another IELTS with in just two years for same reason i.e. HSMP and HSMP extension. I think so Homeoffice should not be so cruel to HSMP applicant's money.
Last edited by hsmp_immigrant on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

ripvanwinkle
Newly Registered

Post by ripvanwinkle » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:29 pm

If you are applying for extension then the IELTS result does not need to be within the previous 2 years.
I had asked this question regarding my extension application from Home Office and the reply I got was that I can supply a more than 2 years old ielts result.

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:47 pm

suresh-hsmp wrote:Hi,
Your old Test results are fine. Below is the extract from new FLR guidance notes: Valid from 9August 2007(i.e very latest)

10. Please note that, whilst for initial applications submitted under HSMP, the IELTS Report Form must be less than two years old at the time of application, for those seeking to extend their existing leave under HSMP, IELTS Report Forms which were issued more than two years prior to the date of the extension application, will be accepted.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... idance.pdf
see page number 31 and paragraph 10.

Hope it helps

Suresh

Yes Obviously it did not only helped but actually solved my problem. Thankyou very much.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:47 pm

ripvanwinkle wrote:If you are applying for extension then the IELTS result does not need to be within the previous 2 years.
I had asked this question regarding my extension application from Home Office and the reply I got was that I can supply a more than 2 years old ielts result.

Thankyou very much.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT