ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick, important question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sylime
Newly Registered

Quick, important question

Post by sylime » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:47 am

Hiya, I am applying for British Citizenship through my mum and I currently live in Australia. I've got all the paperwork ready to go but my question is - how do I send a self addressed envelope if I can't add British stamps to it? I am confused and worried as I don't want to lose any of our documents.
Hope someone can help.
Cheers.

vinny

Re: Quick, important question

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:08 am

If you are near a British High Commission or Consulate, then perhaps they may certify your documents and you may be able to submit them instead of the originals?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sylime
Newly Registered

Post by sylime » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:16 am

I might call them and see. I tried to ring the one in Canberra today but they wanted a credit card to talk to someone. I asked the post office, but they had no clue. I was hoping someone from outside of the UK had done it already and could share how they got their things back. (But I will call the consular in Sydney).

carrick
Newly Registered

Post by carrick » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:36 am

sylime wrote:I might call them and see. I tried to ring the one in Canberra today but they wanted a credit card to talk to someone. I asked the post office, but they had no clue. I was hoping someone from outside of the UK had done it already and could share how they got their things back. (But I will call the consular in Sydney).
What did you end up doing? I sent mine with a cover letter advising they can charge my credit card to have a courier send it back or by Royal Mail Registered post equivalent.

Cheers
Carrick