ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge query to fill form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

verityrose
Newly Registered

Immigration Health Surcharge query to fill form

Post by verityrose » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Hello, I am a Singaporean and I have submitted my Settlement application online to join my husband who owns a BNO passport, with a Settlement Permit with Indefinite Leave to Remain status. It sounds like I need to pay for the Immigration Health Surcharge. However the second page of this payment service asks for the main applicants visa expiry date which I will assume is my husband's, I can't fill that in because it is indefinite. Please could you advise if I need to pay for this service. Thanks

Casa

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge query to fill form

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:47 pm

You do need to pay the surcharge for the initial 2.5 year period = £500. Your husband is the sponsor, you are the applicant.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:31 pm

Casa wrote:You do need to pay the surcharge for the initial 2.5 year period = £500. Your husband is the sponsor, you are the applicant.
If someone is exempt from paying for his prescribed medicines due to medical condition, does he need to pay this fees too ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:32 pm

Yes
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

verityrose
Newly Registered

Post by verityrose » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:14 am

There is only lead applicant and main applicant's information to fill on the forms (didnt mention sponsor), so do i assume I am the main (Not lead) applicant and date of expiry would be 2.5 years from now?

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:18 am

Correct.
(Casa, not CR001)

verityrose
Newly Registered

Post by verityrose » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:22 am

Thank u!

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:08 am

Casa wrote:You do need to pay the surcharge for the initial 2.5 year period = £500. Your husband is the sponsor, you are the applicant.
As it is a 33 month visa, the health sucharge will be £600. They are charged for every 6 months or part thereof.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:33 am

The additional 3 months is given to allow the applicant time to arrive in the UK following the issue of the visa and still complete the full 30 month probationary period. The surcharge therefore will be for 2.5 years (30 months) @ £500
(Casa, not CR001)

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:06 am

Casa wrote:The additional 3 months is given to allow the applicant time to arrive in the UK following the issue of the visa and still complete the full 30 month probationary period. The surcharge therefore will be for 2.5 years (30 months) @ £500
The UK government said the health surcharge is based on the length of the visa and part 6 months are rounded up. Every 6 months = £100 therefore 33 months visa = £600 towards their health costs.

They can move to the UK during that first 3 months of that 33 months visa and use the NHS.

Edit. Just googled and found this thread and it confirms what I said, that a 33 month visa = £600 towards their healthcare in the UK.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/citizens ... ge-856042/

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:19 am

Thank you Petaltop. I've put the calculation into the reckoner on the Home Office website which confirms it is indeed £600 for spouse settlement visa.
(Casa, not CR001)

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:28 am

Casa wrote:Thank you Petaltop. I've put the calculation into the reckoner on the Home Office website which confirms it is indeed £600 for spouse settlement visa.
That's ok. You aren't the only one who thought it would be £500 for that 33 months visa, many on forums have said that :) But for me, that didn't tally with what the UK government said when they brought this health surcharge in.

verityrose
Newly Registered

Post by verityrose » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi Im sorry I'm back to filling up the online form.
This just completely confuses me.
First they start with the lead applicant. They ask 'About you, Location, if I am applying from the UK'.
I would say No.
Which visa application are you applying from?
I would say Singapore.
And then they ask for my personal details, which I would fill in.
I would assume these are all my details are mine as I am the one applying to go to the UK.

But to the answers above, if my details should be for the main applicants and NOT the lead (so lead would be my husband's) then it means GOV.UK assumes my husband is the one that is filling up this form and paying on my behalf?

Sorry...

verityrose
Newly Registered

Post by verityrose » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:40 pm

What should I put as my visa expiration date?
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:40 pm

It is your details. You are the applicant not your husband.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

verityrose
Newly Registered

Post by verityrose » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi this will help to illustrate my point better. First screen shot starts from the bottom from 'About You, then Application Summary, and once I click on 'Add their details' it goes to the Main Applicant's details.
The third supposedly says to fill up my husband's visa expiry date, if I'm not wrong.
Help!
thanks
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 9.42.32 pm.png
First screen shot
Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 9.42.32 pm.png (35.42 KiB) Viewed 6815 times
Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 9.46.58 pm.png
second screen shot
Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 9.46.58 pm.png (57.62 KiB) Viewed 6815 times
Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 9.47.08 pm.png
third screen shot
Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 9.47.08 pm.png (37.21 KiB) Viewed 6815 times

verityrose
Newly Registered

Post by verityrose » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:34 am

I hope someone can help, thank you..!

Ram001
Newly Registered

Post by Ram001 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, and has the same question as Verityrose,
I am on Settlement, Indefinite Leave to Remain and applying Spouse VISA for my Wife. the form is so confusing to fill as i dont see the Indefinitive live to remian option in the drop down list. if nay one has filled it previously can you elp please?

Thanks in Advance.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:43 pm

That's because you don't need to pay the surcharge if you're applying for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)

Ram001
Newly Registered

Post by Ram001 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:30 pm

Casa wrote:That's because you don't need to pay the surcharge if you're applying for ILR.
Thanks alot for your reply Casa,

sorry to stress this question a bit more.

I am on the ILR VISA and i will be applying VISA for my Wife from INDIA and she will be granted Dependant VISA for initial 2.5 years. is she also exempted because i have an ILR VISA?

Thanks in Advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:59 pm

Ram001 wrote:Thanks alot for your reply Casa,

sorry to stress this question a bit more.

I am on the ILR VISA and i will be applying VISA for my Wife from INDIA and she will be granted Dependant VISA for initial 2.5 years. is she also exempted because i have an ILR VISA?

Thanks in Advance
Your wife will have to pay the surcharge. Initial visa will be for 33 months and surcharge payable upfront will be £600.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ram001
Newly Registered

Post by Ram001 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Thanks alot for your time and Answers. Can you please help or provide some guidance in filling the form?

Thanks in Advance.

Karthick
Newly Registered

Post by Karthick » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:13 pm

Hello Ram and others...

It would be great if you can help in filling the form. IF we give the actual VISA expiry date (for example in my case its 2024).
Then the amount to be paid is 1900£ which is not correct.
I couldnt see any other option to select 2.5 yrs in the drop down.

Please reply.
Thanks.

Ram001
Newly Registered

Post by Ram001 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:54 pm

Hi Karthik,

I have the same problem, I am looking for some guidance from the members as well in filling the form.

If anyone who is in ILR and filling the form for their spouse please help.

Thanks in advance.

Karthick
Newly Registered

Post by Karthick » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:53 am

Hi,

Please check this link notes to editor 3rd point

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-i ... -surcharge

"After completing the visa application form, paying the visa fee and booking a visa application centre appointment on the Visa4UK website, applicants will be required to go to the Health Surcharge online payment portal to make their Health Surcharge payment. Applicants must pay the Health Surcharge prior to attending their visa application centre appointment. UK Visas and Immigration will be unable to issue a visa to applicants required to pay the Health Surcharge if they have not paid. Further guidance and details of the payment portal will be published on the .gov.uk website from April 6 2015."

My question is do we get any hint or clue after booking an appointment in visa4uk (tht how much should we pay). I am not sure about this, just a question.

Thanks.
Karthick.B