ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa - Few Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ell10b
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Visa - Few Questions

Post by Ell10b » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:51 am

Good morning,

I wonder if you can give me some advice on the following, as my husbands sponsor, should I provide:

6 months bank statements / 6 months payslips (or 1 year of each?)

Electronic Bank Statements or Original (the ones I receive in the post?) - there are so many of them, the e-statements are much neater.

My phone bills (BT) are E-Bills, is this OK?

Should I include my previous divorce paper?

Flights to visit are all e-tickets (as are hotel bookings, all by email), is this enough or should I include boarding cards etc (I don't have them all over the years)?

I have 2 passports, do both my passports need certified as my husband obviously won't have them?

My old passport has most visa stamps, the dates are in Arabic, do I need each stamp translated / certified or do they have the capability to have the stamps read and matched up with my visits?

I apologise in advance for all the questions, just feeling a little nervous about 'getting it right'.

Thank you in advance.
Ellen

Casa

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Few Questions

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:34 am

Which category of visa are you applying for?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ell10b
Newly Registered

Post by Ell10b » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:48 am

Apologies, its a Family Settlement visa (VAF4A) and we meet the financial requirement on my salary alone (as my husbands sponsor)

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:40 am

Ell10b wrote:Good morning,

I wonder if you can give me some advice on the following, as my husbands sponsor, should I provide:

6 months bank statements / 6 months payslips (or 1 year of each?)6 months of each

Electronic Bank Statements or Original (the ones I receive in the post?) - there are so many of them, the e-statements are much neater. Originals

My phone bills (BT) are E-Bills, is this OK? Yes

Should I include my previous divorce paper? Yes - the application will be refused without it

Flights to visit are all e-tickets (as are hotel bookings, all by email), is this enough or should I include boarding cards etc (I don't have them all over the years)? E-tickets will be fine

I have 2 passports, do both my passports need certified as my husband obviously won't have them? Certified

My old passport has most visa stamps, the dates are in Arabic, do I need each stamp translated / certified or do they have the capability to have the stamps read and matched up with my visits? No need to translate stamps

I apologise in advance for all the questions, just feeling a little nervous about 'getting it right'.

Thank you in advance.
Ellen
You should also submit P60 + a letter from your employer confirming your salary and job description. Submit a copy of your employment contract.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ell10b
Newly Registered

Post by Ell10b » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:46 am

Casa wrote:
Ell10b wrote:Good morning,

6 months bank statements / 6 months payslips (or 1 year of each?)6 months of each

Electronic Bank Statements or Original (the ones I receive in the post?) - there are so many of them, the e-statements are much neater. Originals

My phone bills (BT) are E-Bills, is this OK? Yes

Should I include my previous divorce paper? Yes - the application will be refused without it

Flights to visit are all e-tickets (as are hotel bookings, all by email), is this enough or should I include boarding cards etc (I don't have them all over the years)? E-tickets will be fine

I have 2 passports, do both my passports need certified as my husband obviously won't have them? Certified

My old passport has most visa stamps, the dates are in Arabic, do I need each stamp translated / certified or do they have the capability to have the stamps read and matched up with my visits? No need to translate stamps

Thank you in advance.
Ellen
You should also submit P60 + a letter from your employer confirming your salary and job description. Submit a copy of your employment contract.
Thank you Casa, very helpful. I have already been onto the P60 situation this morning, since I should have a new one for this tax year, work assures me it'll be out shortly :) They will also do a confirmation letter for me.

Can certification of a passport be done by a notary public - is this acceptable?

My divorce paper will need to the original also?

When the application is made online, paid and appointment made at the visa centre, he should be able to print 2 copies of the application, sign and take to his appointment?

Thanks again,
Ellen

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Notary public or solicitor
Divorce certificate should be the original or a certified copy
Yes to printing copies.
(Casa, not CR001)

peace84

Post by peace84 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:06 am

Hi,
@Ell110b
I suggest you to submit original documents as much as you can to avoid any refusal from ECO.

I am also planning to apply UK spouse visa for my wife with one child from india

just a quick question:
Do I need to get my passport copy to certify stamp from solicitor ? is that necessary ?
or
can I send full copy of my current and previous passport ?

please reply

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:12 am

It's not advisable to send your original passport. A copy should be certified (all pages) by a solicitor or Notary. Legally certified copies of documents are accepted as evidence.
(Casa, not CR001)

peace84

Post by peace84 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:25 am

Casa wrote:It's not advisable to send your original passport. A copy should be certified (all pages) by a solicitor or Notary. Legally certified copies of documents are accepted as evidence.
@Casa
do you really think " A passport copy should be certified (all pages) by a solicitor or Notary" ??
below text I copied from gov.uk i.e. guide to supporting docuements (settlement)

Evidence of your sponsor’s immigration status/ permission to be in the UK
This could be copies of:
 bio-data pages from their passport or Travel Document
 valid UK visa or UK stamp from their passports
 Home Office letter confirming their permission to stay in the UK

link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

Ell10b
Newly Registered

Post by Ell10b » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:25 pm

Thank you Casa for your helpful information.

@peace84 - I contacted my solicitor who will certify both my passports for £30 plus VAT, so for the sake of this, I will get my bio-pages certified. I see what you mean on the guidance notes however, it does say copies of...

I wish you the best of luck with your wifes application :)

Ell10b
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Document List

Post by Ell10b » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:14 pm

Good afternoon all,

I am in process of pulling together the final bits and pieces for my husbands spouse visa to the UK. I wonder if someone could cast their eye over my list and see if they think anything is missing :) ?

Applicant Information:
VAF4A Application Form (apply online and print copy)
Passport
2 X Passport Photos
Biometric Information (done at the Visa application Centre)
English Language Requirement – IELTS Life Skills Test
ID Card
Exemption from Army paper

Sponsors Information:
Sponsors Letter
Sponsorship Undertaking Form - is this required for spouse visa?
Copy of Passport Bio Page - notarised by solicitor
Original Birth Certificate
Original Decree of Divorce

Financial Requirement:
Appendix 2 Form (financial requirement met by sponsors salary)
Bank Statements – current & savings account (6 months)
Payslips (6 months)
P60 - Year 2014/2015
Employment Contract
Letter from Employer confirming length of employment, position, salary, staff position etc.

Evidence of Accommodation
Letter of invitation from Sponsors Parents
Parents Title Deeds for Home
Home Inspection to show no overcrowding
Most recent Council Tax Bill
Copies of Parents Passports (not notarised)

Evidence of Relationship
Original Marriage Certificate
Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate in English
Wedding Photographs

Visits
Flight confirmations of various visits by sponsor
Flight confirmations of flights together
Copy of Sponsors Passport Visa Stamps
Hotel Receipts
Letter from the hotel we stayed at on honeymoon confirming our stay as a couple

Communication
BT Phone Bills (I have 4 years worth, but only given a couple to cover each year and highlighted the cheap calls number used to call the country)
Skype Screen Grabs (shows date of chat)
International Top Up, Screen Grabs
Viber / Whatsapp Messages – Text List

Other
Photographs (various holidays, Engagement, with family etc)
Handwritten greetings cards ?

Would be grateful if you could let me know if there's anything missed. Much appreciated :)

Kind regards,
Ellen

HarryC

Re: Spouse Visa - Document List

Post by HarryC » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:24 pm

TB Test?
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

Ell10b
Newly Registered

Post by Ell10b » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:47 pm

Thanks Harry, it's not required for Egypt however :)

HarryC

Post by HarryC » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Ahh
ok

May be i am losing it but what about HEalth surcharge? have you paid that since Egypt is outside EEA?
harry
Settlement visa

Ell10b
Newly Registered

Post by Ell10b » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi Harry, yes it will be paid in order to progress with the online application :)

HarryC

Post by HarryC » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:12 pm

Sorry Ell10b

alright.

Until and unless you pay this before you submit your application online, thats fine.
Cant fault any other docs. Wait for others to confirm
harry
Settlement visa

tehmina

Post by tehmina » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:43 pm

i think basic documents are complete.

you may include any gift reciept/money transfer slips(if applicable)

ensure you included skype/phone bills from period (you met your spouse/date of marriage - till date of application).

Rest good luck and hope for the best
Visa Timeline
Online Application: 08/06/15 Type: Spouse Visa
Documents Submitted @ ISB: 12/06/15
Documents Received BHC ISB: 17/06/15
Esclation -6th August ---pres assessment done.
Update 12 August --application in progress.

Ell10b
Newly Registered

Post by Ell10b » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:29 pm

Thank you for your reply. I will be sure to include as much bill information as possible.

I don't have flight confirmations for the first 2 years (only the stamps in my passport). Who actually keeps things like that? I didn't know I'd marry him or apply for a visa 3-4 years ago :) Luckily and for some strange reason, my mother keeps her BT phone bills :/

kaytee86
Newly Registered

Post by kaytee86 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:50 pm

Question regarding evidence of accommodation - I suspect it's because I'm applying from within the UK so it looks like we have to provide different documents as you have to provide visits, communication etc. - but it does ask about our accommodation in the application form. No where does it give document guidance/indication that we have to prove this like it does for finances, english language etc., but I definitely don't want to be caught out without the proper documentation.

Could you or someone direct me to where you found information about what can be provided to prove accommodation? Thanks in advance!

PariJ

Post by PariJ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:21 pm

kaytee86 wrote:Question regarding evidence of accommodation - I suspect it's because I'm applying from within the UK so it looks like we have to provide different documents as you have to provide visits, communication etc. - but it does ask about our accommodation in the application form. No where does it give document guidance/indication that we have to prove this like it does for finances, english language etc., but I definitely don't want to be caught out without the proper documentation.

Could you or someone direct me to where you found information about what can be provided to prove accommodation? Thanks in advance!

page 3 in this doc

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

kaytee86
Newly Registered

Post by kaytee86 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:33 pm

Very helpful - thanks for the quick response!

Ell10b
Newly Registered

28 days payslips & bank statements

Post by Ell10b » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi all,

I know about the rule of submitting a payslip and bank statement dated within 28 days, is this 28 days of making application online or 28 days of submitting documents at the VAC?

I am presuming the first, but if anyone could clarify I'd be grateful :-)

Thanks in advance
Ellen

SoHopeful

Re: 28 days payslips & bank statements

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:48 am

Dated within 28 days of submitting application - eg whenever the application has been paid for.

Ell10b
Newly Registered

Post by Ell10b » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:58 am

Thank you very much! :)

HarryC

Post by HarryC » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:09 pm

So is the payment taken after we actually submit the printed form and supporting docs at the vfs office or when the application is submitted online?
harry
Settlement visa