ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

leaving the UK through Eurostar

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rml13
Newly Registered

leaving the UK through Eurostar

Post by Rml13 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:25 pm

Hello,
I have been simply to leave country because my visa was refused, appealed etc, but did not work in the end.
So my mind set was kind of ready to go home.
A couple of months ago, i gave the HO, through volunteeerdeparturequeries..., a date, time and place of departure, but no reply.
Every time i received an automated response. Even Capita Connect got in touch with me.
Because they did not answer back at all for a few months, i had to postpone my ticket a few times, each time costing me money.
I called VOLUNTEER group on Monday, but was told they did receive my emails, but couldn't bother to reply back, because they couldn't open the PDF file attached to the email.
I wanted to leave the UK via Paris, travelling on the Eurostar, spend some days there and then plan to go home.
I come from a country that doesn't need a visa, to get into many EU countries, spend a max of 90 days.
The group said that i cannot travel by Eurostar. It has to be be aeroplane.
Second issue, according to them (Sarah), i have to go home. They got no bloody idea what is the schenghen visa is all about, and according to her, i have to go home, which is not in the EU zone.
That doesn't make sense to me, or anyone i spoke to, they want me out of this land, no problem, which i am ready to do, but at least do facilitate the transition.

Your comments, suggestions, advices are most welcome.

Regards

RmL

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: leaving the UK through Eurostar

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:40 am

The fact that you don't need a visa to visit France does not guarantee you entry there particularly if you are entering from the uk where you have no status.

The voluntary returns service is not a travel agency, they can only return your country of nationality or a country where you have permanent residence, and they don't facilitate a short trip to a third country where you have no status on the way.