ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in name on ILR for Spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

4kettil
Newly Registered

Change in name on ILR for Spouse

Post by 4kettil » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi All,

My wife & I are on Indefinite leave. We have been married for 3 years but would now like to change her last name to mine. Once I apply to change the name on her Indian Passport, do I have to re-apply for a new ILR Card for my wife with the change in name?

Also, if that is the case, what is the cost involved and which form do I use?

Please help answer these questions

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: Change in name on ILR for Spouse

Post by Greenie » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:47 am

It is your wife who needs to make the application, not you.

Once your wife has applied and been issued a passport in her married name, she will need to apply on form BRP(RC).

4kettil
Newly Registered

Re: Change in name on ILR for Spouse

Post by 4kettil » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:29 am

Greenie wrote:It is your wife who needs to make the application, not you.

Once your wife has applied and been issued a passport in her married name, she will need to apply on form BRP(RC).

Thank you so much. for the reply. Yes, she will make the application as you have suggested. Also, is there a cost for the new BRP?