ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse/Sponsor Interview

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Laineycakes1966
Newly Registered

UK Spouse/Sponsor Interview

Post by Laineycakes1966 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:07 pm

Hello there

My Husband is Jamaican, and I am a UK Citizen, and his Sponsor. I have been asked to attend an interview and I am really nervous about it. Everyone has told me not to worry as I have nothing to hide etc, but it's still an unnatural situation and very daunting. I just wondered if anyone here has attended such a meeting? What can I expect?

I'm a very anxious Wife :(

Thank you for any help you can give.

SoHopeful

Re: UK Spouse/Sponsor Interview

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:44 am

Hi there...

If you look through recent posts on applicants from Jamaica interviews are becoming quite common now. Since processing has been moved from Kingston to Sheffield it seems this has become a standard part of the process for Jamaicans. Nothing to worry about - they just ask you about your relationship and circumstances.

Laineycakes1966
Newly Registered

Post by Laineycakes1966 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:18 am

Hello, SoHopeful :0)

Thank you for your reply.

This has made me feel a lot better about things. It does make complete sense although, I did think they would interview my Husband when he completed his Bio-metrics but, no.

I think I will sleep a lot easier, now.

Have a great day, SoHopeful.

Regards

A Less Stressed Wife :0)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:12 pm

Nothing to worry about. Just a standard procedure now a days. all te questions will be in relation to the application and your husband and your present circumstances ( personal and financial). just answer questions truthfully and honestly

Laineycakes1966
Newly Registered

Post by Laineycakes1966 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:12 am

Thanks, Batleykhan :0)

My appointment is tomorrow so.....wish me luck :0)

Take care.

Lainey

kaponeh
Newly Registered

Post by kaponeh » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:09 am

Hi ,

Could you share your experience on your interview ?

Thanks

Laineycakes1966
Newly Registered

Post by Laineycakes1966 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi, Everybody

Sorry I haven't updated my post. Busy-Busy!

My interview was completed via video link, which was a little odd. I was advised not to be nervous (Really?!) and that there were no trick questions and they were not there to trip me up etc. Basically, if your application is genuine and you have an ongoing and loving relationship with your Spouse/Fiance(e), there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

The ECO that makes the decision on your application, is NOT the person who interviews you. I don't even think they have much information to hand, if any. I imagine that is to make sure that there is no pre conceptions and no bias, perhaps.

Questions were confirming who I was, DOB, parents names, where I live, work etc. Questions on my Husband, his full name, DOB, does he work now, what does he intend to do in the UK and so on. They do ask about your partner's family and if they are close to hand in their native Country. Asked about our wedding and who attended.

In essence, it was very straight forward and it was easier than I thought it would be. My interview was on the Thursday and my Husband received his Passport on the following Tuesday. The Visa was stamped with Friday's date so, decisions are made pretty quickly :0)

Myself and my Darling Husband are now together, in the UK. All the worry and tears were worth it in the end.

I wish everyone, who is still going through this process, all the luck in the world.

:0)

Ibi69
Newly Registered

Post by Ibi69 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Thats great, best of luck for your future.