ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where is PBS calculator for Tier 1 General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Omert
Newly Registered

Where is PBS calculator for Tier 1 General

Post by Omert » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:20 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for ILR on 1st May at Croydon PEO via Tier 1 (general) 5yr route.
Hope some one can help me with my below queries.

1. How am i going to claim points for Earning in section. SET (O) form section 9; A6 it clearly says to enter earnings as per the Tier 1 (general) points based calculator. Although i can simply mention the earnings i am claiming for the specified 12 months but how am i going to provide a copy of PBS calculator? t

2. Also in regards same section 9; B2 it's asking me if my qualification was recognised on PBS calculator and if i click yes then again how am i going to proof this.

Thanks.

montysingh

Re: Where is PBS calculator for Tier 1 General

Post by montysingh » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:28 pm

Omert wrote:Hi All,

I am applying for ILR on 1st May at Croydon PEO via Tier 1 (general) 5yr route.
Hope some one can help me with my below queries.

1. How am i going to claim points for Earning in section. SET (O) form section 9; A6 it clearly says to enter earnings as per the Tier 1 (general) points based calculator. Although i can simply mention the earnings i am claiming for the specified 12 months but how am i going to provide a copy of PBS calculator? t

2. Also in regards same section 9; B2 it's asking me if my qualification was recognised on PBS calculator and if i click yes then again how am i going to proof this.

Thanks.
Hello mate

Regarding the PBS calculator use one for Tier 2 and take a print out.

regarding the earnings just fill all the details on the SET O form and you do not need a copy of PBS calculator to prove your earnings. Just enter all the info on the form and sent relevant docuemnts,

secondtier1
Newly Registered

Post by secondtier1 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi Omert,

can you please tell me how did you manage your PEO appt @home office with the PBS calculator issue as i am also in the same boat.

regards

rukmesh

Post by rukmesh » Wed May 20, 2015 3:54 pm

Tier 1 General has been removed from the PBS Calculator post 6-Apr-2015

For English language, use Tier 2 General or any other route (This has been advised by the seniors in this forum and also the home office).

Good luck

jnikki4u

Post by jnikki4u » Thu May 21, 2015 7:25 am

Here is the answer from Home Office , Hope this helps

" Please be informed that the Tier 1 General route has been closed on 6 April. Applicants should follow the process below to determine whether your degree is acceptable for Settlement and Nationality.

1. Tier dropdown: select Tier 2 (Skilled workers);

Category drop-down: select Tier 2 (General); ‘Where are you applying from?’ question: select Outside the United Kingdom (this is the quickest way to get to the required stage in the system)

2. In the following ‘Sponsorship’ and ‘Salary’ stages select either Yes or No; (doesn’t matter which)

3. In the ‘English skills’ stage, select "I have a UK Bachelor degree-equivalent qualification (or above) that was taught in English"

4. Enter details of the qualification in the following drop-down lists, up to and including ‘Year of award’

5. In the table displayed on the next screen, check the Points for English language column:

a. If 10 points are displayed, the qualification has been deemed by UK NARIC to be academically equivalent to a UK Bachelor degree or higher and to have been taught in English;

b. If zero points are displayed, the qualification may either have been deemed to be below UK Bachelor degree level, or not taught in English, or both.
"

shah_pooja

Post by shah_pooja » Thu May 21, 2015 10:02 pm

I agree-

below is a reply I had received before applying for my PEO.

You can send them the email as well
KnowledgeOfLifePolicyQueries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Dear xxx

Yes, if you score 10 points on the calculator, this means UK Naric have deemed your qualification to be comparable to a UK degree and taught in English.

Kind regards

Gemma Parle
Nationality and Settlement Operational Policy | Immigration & Border Policy | Home Office