ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am confused again...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Static

I am confused again...

Post by Static » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:43 pm

I was at the GNIB Burgh Quay this morning... I got told to pay €100 and smile for the camera. I got issued with a little card with a Stamp 1 on for a year. What is this???? The official said it's amazing that we were refused to start with. He suggested that we apply for EU1 again and 'see how it goes' Aparently I have to renew this again next year. My work permit is for 2 years and didn't cost me a cent. This is truly a strange country.

greentea

Post by greentea » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:54 pm

this is the normal. even you have an unlimited work permit, they only give you one year at a time.

microlab

Post by microlab » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:04 pm

Stamp 1– Issued to non-EEA nationals in possession of a work permit and to persons granted permission to engage in business in the State.

Static wrote:
I got issued with a little card with a Stamp 1 on for a year. What is this????

Static

Post by Static » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:27 pm

microlab wrote:Stamp 1– Issued to non-EEA nationals in possession of a work permit and to persons granted permission to engage in business in the State.

Static wrote:
I got issued with a little card with a Stamp 1 on for a year. What is this????
Thank you microlab. :) So.. just a work permit is not good enough then?