ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

processing times in India - Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jonbon

processing times in India - Spouse Visa

Post by jonbon » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:35 pm

Hello Everyone

Can anyone tell me what are the processing times for a VAF2 , dependant visa application made at British High Commission New Delhi?

The thing is I've got only 10 days holidays (to go to India and get married and also apply at British High commission) and I'm wondering if the visa will get processed in time for me and my wife to come together to the UK. I am a permanent resident in the UK.

Regards

Jon

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:49 pm

I think that will be cutting it fine. She also has to get the TB test and fingerprinting (I think).

I wouldn't risk buying tickets to be honest.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Prem

Post by Prem » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:13 pm

It can take upto 3 months, but depends on how complicated or uncomplicated your case is.

In Chennai, it currently takes 10-15 working days including the medical examination. I would have passed on an email address for the new delhi office, but there site is currently down.

You are cutting it way too fine, have you researched all the evidence that you need to apply for a spouse visa? I think you may have plan another trip to bring her back.

jonbon

Post by jonbon » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:34 am

thanks for the response. My case should not be complicated. I will have all the necessary documents to support the visa(payslips, bank statements, ILR, house contract, utility bill, employer letter).

How many working days should I allow for to get the visa (so that I take un-paid leave from work here) after I get the marriage certificate from court?

Cheerio

Jon

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:42 pm

i think you should allow a minimum of a month for everything and that is if it all goes well. 10 days is way too little time to get married and get evrything else done, in the mad rush there will undoubtedly be unforseen hiccups and any planned schedule you have will immediately fall out of kilter as everything will be so tightly packed, also they may call for an interview and you may not get 1 within your 10 day slot. the only problem being i am not sure you will be able to get leave from your employer for that long. in my case I had a good relationship with my boss, but even so he could not give me leave for that long, so i agreed that I would quit my job but that my place access to systems etc would be saved for me till i got back but that there would be no guarantee that higher management would not refill the vacancy. anyways I got married and applied for the visa etc, this itself took about a week travelling etc, I came back to the uk after we had applied as the wedding and passport for wife and then visa application etc had taken 6 weeks , and i was certain my job would get filled if i spent any longer. After applying it initially got rejected, we appealed and then rescinded the appeal for another review, then they had to do medicals and interview etc this all took in the end 4 months.