ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Multiple Entry Visit Visa while I am on Tier 1 (G)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier2ilr

Parents Multiple Entry Visit Visa while I am on Tier 1 (G)

Post by tier2ilr » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi Guru's

As Tier 1 (General) main applicant want to invite parents on Visit Visa . Parents visited UK on 6 months visit visa earlier 2-3 times.then they left for 6 months to home country.

Now my Visa of Tier 1 General has extension till Sep. 2017 where as in March 2016 i will be eligible for ILR.
I have two Questions.
Q 1. Can I apply for my parents for Multiple entry visit visa of 5 years or even 10 years ?(Please keep respond to my query keeping in mind that I am on Tier 1 Extension and my ILR will be due on March ,2016.) .

Q 2. If my Parents get Multiple entry visa of 10 years/5 years how much time they can spend in UK and when exactly they need to go back to home country?

Your prompt reply is highly appreciated.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Parents Multiple Entry Visit Visa while I am on Tier 1 (

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:30 pm

Unlikely they will get a 5 or 10 year visa if they have only visited the UK a couple of times.

Best would be to try for the 2 year visitor visa first.

The general rule of thumb on any duration visit visa is not to 'live' in the UK and is still considered to be max 6 months in a 12 month period.

Long term visit visas does not in anyway permit the visa holder to stay longer than the 6 month period.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2ilr

Post by tier2ilr » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:23 pm

Thanks CR001 for such a prompt response.

Actually my parents visited 3 times in total during last 3 years for 6 month visit visa.Does there visa depend on my Tier 1 (G) extension date ?(My ilr is due in March 2016).I am interested to apply for long term visit visa 5 or 10 years as this will be one time cost and processing. instead of submitting documents fresh every time.

Please advise keeping in mind My immigration status.

Best Regards CR001

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:32 am

They need to apply for the standard visa as per the link I have provided. The visit visas have been simplified with effect from 24th April so the standard visa includes family and general visitors now.

Each person apply for a visitor visa has to meet the requirements and criteria individually, it has no bearing on your visa expiry date.

You can try for a 5 year one, but unlikely as they have only visited 3 times. 10 year is probably not going happen as they base these on extensive travel history and complying with the rules.

I would suggest you apply for a 2 year one first rather than the maximum length as appeal rights are very limited for visit visas and if refused, you lose the fee X 2 and it is a refusal record on their history with UKVI.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.