ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: ILR to naturalisation (separated from partner)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sk1234
Newly Registered

Post by sk1234 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:42 am

Hi everyone,

I was granted ILR in March 2014. I have completed 3 years in the UK. Me and my partner are separated since December 2014. Now he is not ready to give me his passport copy for my naturalisation application. We still haven't filed for divorce. He is a British citizen. Can I still apply for naturalization without his passport copy?

Appreciate your help and advice

sk1234
Newly Registered

Naturalisation without partner's passport

Post by sk1234 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:51 am

Hi everyone,

I was granted ILR in March 2014. I have completed 3 years in the UK. Me and my partner are separated since December 2014. Now he is not ready to give me his passport copy for my naturalisation application. We still haven't filed for divorce. He is a British citizen. Can I still apply for naturalization without his passport copy?

Appreciate your help and advice

Casa

Re: Naturalisation without partner's passport

Post by Casa » Mon May 04, 2015 10:00 am

Only if you submit a copy of his birth certificate + your marriage certificate
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:41 pm

You need a copy of your spouses passport if applying on basis of being married to BC.
I am sometimes wrong.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation without partner's passport

Post by CR001 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:49 pm

As Casa has already advised, if you don't have acces to the passport, you can use ypur partners birth certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.