ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Schengen tourist Visa for spouse URGENT! Need Help

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sundarjshree
Newly Registered

Dependant Schengen tourist Visa for spouse URGENT! Need Help

Post by sundarjshree » Tue May 05, 2015 3:05 am

Hi I am from India. I have applied for business visa to Germany and got it approved and travelling this weekend in 4 days. Along with I have also applied for dependant tourist visa for my spouse to accompany me to Germany. I have applied both the application through our Office Travel Desk. Yesterday I got to know that my visa is approved and my spouse visa is rejected. The reason implies that they suspect that my wife will never return back from Germany. We did not even get a chance to attend visa interview nor any queries but rejected.

My wife is doing PhD in India and also working as a lecturer in same college. She even produced no objection certificate from her college to travel to Germany. She has to report back after the Germany visit and we don't have any intent to stay more or settle there. I only fear that the word 'dependent tourist visa for my spouse' and 'her PhD work' is not properly brought out in the documentation.

How do I get over this and get a chance to explain them the reasons. We have only 4 more days. Please guide us here.

Thanks/

ban.s

Re: Dependant Schengen tourist Visa for spouse URGENT! Need

Post by ban.s » Thu May 07, 2015 2:08 pm

There isn't any concept of dependant tourist visa.
She will need to apply as a normal tourist with standard set of documents (air ticket, accommodation, medical insurance, letter from employer, proof of finance etc).