ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 For NON EEA Mother-in-Law

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hunpak
Member of Standing

EEA2 For NON EEA Mother-in-Law

Post by hunpak » Tue May 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi All,

I am in catch 22, my mother in law is here in uk on visitor visa (she has a visa for 6 months finishing in mid june)
we would like her to stay here with us as she has no one at home to look after her due to her majority of family living here in uk (apart from my husband she has 4 grandchildren from he older son which all are british citizens)

I am a Hungarian national and i hold a PR, i have British citizen 18 months old daughter, my husband is waiting his EEA4 currently, i am a full time mom, we are expecting a baby in Nov and my husband supports the family.

our biggest worry is if we apply for her EEA visa she will never get a visit visa again as UKBA will say she wont come back.

please suggest if it'll be a good idea to peruse this application and how likely it is we get her a visa, she is 66 years old.

Thank you
Next Mission
Get my MOM EEA Resident Document

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: EEA2 For NON EEA Mother-in-Law

Post by rosebead » Tue May 05, 2015 5:39 pm

She does not have to return home to make an EEA application, it is perfectly fine for her to do it here. The form is now known as EEA(FM). However, you must be able to prove that she is dependent on either you or your husband to have a right of residence. The Home Office likes to see proof of more than just recent dependence.