ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI card send via courier - Is it Illegal?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dilip_gem

OCI card send via courier - Is it Illegal?

Post by dilip_gem » Tue May 12, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi there,

I'm going to India next week on 'Entry Visa'. I'm thinking of submitting OCI application at the local passport office there. Just want to know if my brother collects it for me when it's ready and sends it to me (to my European address) via courier, would I be breaking any law? Is it illegal to mail OCI card? I know its Illegal to send passports like that. However, I'm not sure about OCI card. Seniors, pelase advice.

Thanks,
Gem

theasterix
Newly Registered

Re: OCI card send via courier - Is it Illegal?

Post by theasterix » Wed May 13, 2015 4:33 pm

dilip_gem wrote:Hi there,

I'm going to India next week on 'Entry Visa'. I'm thinking of submitting OCI application at the local passport office there. Just want to know if my brother collects it for me when it's ready and sends it to me (to my European address) via courier, would I be breaking any law? Is it illegal to mail OCI card? I know its Illegal to send passports like that. However, I'm not sure about OCI card. Seniors, pelase advice.

Thanks,
Gem

I do not think it is illegal. My friend has sent passport from India. I can find an example online as well:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/immigrat ... er-814291/

Anyway, OCI is not passport, there should not be any problem, but what if they want to post a sticker to your passport. Would you send your passoprt first to India?