ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 yrs to 13 yrs ukba

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sailesh

10 yrs to 13 yrs ukba

Post by sailesh » Wed May 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Hello friends

I just heard that uk will be changing the rule for 10 yrs legal settlement to 13 yrs

my first question is can they do it
second one is WHAT IS MEANT BY 10 YRS LAWFULLY SAYTING

is it European law or human right law

please give me some feed back I was away I was not able to be online as I was now back into track
hope advice can help those who are struggling to top up for ten yrs lawfull students and other

thanks

Casa

Re: 10 yrs to 13 yrs ukba

Post by Casa » Wed May 13, 2015 7:25 pm

What do you mean by 'SAYTING'? This isn't a word in the English language.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:32 pm

It is neither. It is UK Immigration law!

Lol Casa :D
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed May 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Casa wrote:What do you mean by 'SAYTING'? This isn't a word in the English language.
From the context, I would guess he means staying

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:33 pm

Casa wrote:What do you mean by 'SAYTING'? This isn't a word in the English language.
Dear Casa ...

I bet u did get what he means by SAYTING (STAYING) , could have been more nicer and better if you guide people by asking them decently rather than taunting them for their spelling mistakes. And answer them if you are able to with best of your knowledge and experience.

Regards
Khan

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:55 pm

there is no immediate threat to 10 yr lawful residence due to being tied to Human Rights Act 1998.

Conservatives tried to abolished or increased during July 2012 rule changes but can't do it n leave it as it is,that's y they change the 14 yr rule to 20 yrs.Untill HRA 1998 is not scraped n replace by a new act it would be as it is.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed May 13, 2015 9:36 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
Dear Casa ...

I bet u did get what he means by SAYTING (STAYING) , could have been more nicer and better if you guide people by asking them decently rather than taunting them for their spelling mistakes. And answer them if you are able to with best of your knowledge and experience.

Regards
Khan
Dear Khan...
Welcome to the board.
In 7207 posts over 7+ years attempting to help members with their queries, I can honestly say that I have never ridiculed anyone for their spelling...even when I've had to wade my way through increasing numbers of posts written in 'text speak'. I admit I didn't take the time to rearrange the anagram to arrive at 'staying'. Perhaps family life took my attention for a moment or two. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

talkhome

Post by talkhome » Wed May 13, 2015 10:37 pm

sailesh wrote:Hello friends

I just heard that uk will be changing the rule for 10 yrs legal settlement to 13 yrs

my first question is can they do it
second one is WHAT IS MEANT BY 10 YRS LAWFULLY SAYTING

please give me some feed back I was away I was not able to be online as I was now back into track
hope advice can help those who are struggling to top up for ten yrs lawfull students and other
thanks
There is a good chance that what you heard is right but since we have no official source confirming the change, its just a rumour.
I believe 10 year law will be removed entirely by the mid/end of this parliament (again my understanding; No official source).

I don't personally think that Mr David Cameron will be able to implement/replace the law with UK version given the fact there is strong opposition in the house of commons from Tories backbencher and left parties (SNP and Labour) and 10 years long residency rule has nothing to do with this act.

I have a feeling that long residency rule will not change at least in the next 12 month but if Government decide to make a change its a matter of couple of months. There is very little we can do to stop them.

My understanding is that Government will first start by taking actions on Satellite campuses located in/around London, revoking more institute by lowering the margin from 20% to 10%, will held responsible institutes by making them responsible for their students to abide by the term of their visas and strict enforcement action on illegal immigrants & making deportation process efficient. They are also looking to extend 'Go home & appeal later' scheme shortly to all immigration appeals and judicial reviews.

I think these actions will take at least 12 months to ANNOUNCE and in the meantime they also need to reform EU migration by reforming welfare.

Queen's speech is due at the end of this month. It is worth listening to that to get an idea of how next 12 months will look like.

See below links

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 48313.html