ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

sb86

Residence requirement

Post by sb86 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Dear all,

I was wondering whether you can help at all?? My husband would like to apply for citizenship and his current number if days outside the UK is 293. On the UKBA guidance they say number of days up to 300 ( where the normal limit is 270 for partner of a British citizen) is normally disregarded.

Does that mean he should be ok to apply??

Any advice will be appreciated.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Residence requirement

Post by fwd079 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:56 am

sb86 wrote:Dear all,

I was wondering whether you can help at all?? My husband would like to apply for citizenship and his current number if days outside the UK is 293. On the UKBA guidance they say number of days up to 300 ( where the normal limit is 270 for partner of a British citizen) is normally disregarded.

Does that mean he should be ok to apply??

Any advice will be appreciated.
Please read through Q1 to Q3 in this link. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

sb86

Post by sb86 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:13 am

Many thanks for ur reply.

I had a look at the link you gave me and that's where I saw the bit which says "up to 300 days" usually disregard.

I was wondering whether anyone had any similar experience??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:18 am

It should be ok.

But, if you are concerned, will it be a very big issue to just wait for 23 days before applying so that his absence is within the limit, provided of course that he was then physically present in the UK 3 years before exactly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.