ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child tax credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

latinointheuk
Ecuador

child tax credit

Post by latinointheuk » Tue May 19, 2015 3:45 pm

hi guys
can i claim child tax credit without my partner AS single claim as she is under inmigration check.i have ILR,
is that posible?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: child tax credit

Post by CR001 » Tue May 19, 2015 4:46 pm

Tax credits must be claimed jointly with your partner. So the answer is no, you cannot claim as a single claimant.

Joint claim for tax credits will NOT have an effect on your partners visa or future application for ILR.

Child benefit MUST be in your name only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

latinointheuk
Ecuador

Post by latinointheuk » Sat May 23, 2015 6:50 pm

CR001 wrote:Tax credits must be claimed jointly with your partner. So the answer is no, you cannot claim as a single claimant.

Joint claim for tax credits will NOT have an effect on your partners visa or future application for ILR.

Child benefit MUST be in your name only.
Thanks for your reply

My question is,
In the application forum asked for her nino, at the moment she can't apply for one, or have one for her status
She has no status at the moment, will it affect my application? Will she be check at home office?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:13 pm

It might be wiser to sort out your partners status first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.