ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is receipt of a biometric request letter a good sign?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kenc

Is receipt of a biometric request letter a good sign?

Post by kenc » Wed May 20, 2015 8:40 am

Submitted EEA4 application. Fee taken and acknowledgement letter received.

Today I have received a letter asking for biometrics even though this was previously done twice in Cyprus.

I guess we are looking for any encouragement that it might be a successful application. To this end does anyone have any thoughts as to whether receipt of a biometric request letter is a positive sign?

To date we have the acknowledgment letter and biometric request letter. When does the 6 month period start? We will be very upset if we make a payment for biometrics and the PR is refused!!

Looking to be cheered up!!!!!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Is receipt of a biometric request letter a good sign?

Post by sheraz7 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:37 am

Receipt of biometrics enrolment letter does not indicate at all any outcome relating to the application. If you wish can promptly enrol your biometric detail at any participating post office even on same day of receiving the letter.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Re: Is receipt of a biometric request letter a good sign?

Post by chriskv1 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:50 pm

kenc wrote:Submitted EEA4 application. Fee taken and acknowledgement letter received.

Today I have received a letter asking for biometrics even though this was previously done twice in Cyprus.

I guess we are looking for any encouragement that it might be a successful application. To this end does anyone have any thoughts as to whether receipt of a biometric request letter is a positive sign?

To date we have the acknowledgment letter and biometric request letter. When does the 6 month period start? We will be very upset if we make a payment for biometrics and the PR is refused!!

Looking to be cheered up!!!!!
I believe all new EEA applications will get a biometrics letter.
Also it seems that the timeline (6 months) start from when you receive your COA.

best of luck .
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.