ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 and sponsor's temporary job

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pilar
Newly Registered

EEA2 and sponsor's temporary job

Post by pilar » Fri May 29, 2015 6:31 am

Hi all

I am currently searching for jobs in UK and will be travelling there with my family (non-EEA) next week.

Some of the jobs I find are on temporary (usually 6 months) contracts.

Once I have a job I will apply for EEA2 for my wife and children, but will their application be affected if my contract is temporary?

Also I have previously lived in UK for a year and am therefore registered with NI.
I lost the card, but will retrieve the number once I get to UK through their hotline.

With this, I should not have any need to apply for EEA1, right?
We can just refer to my NI number when applying for my family, right?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA2 and sponsor's temporary job

Post by sheraz7 » Fri May 29, 2015 7:24 am

Temporary job should be fine but it must last at least until the caseworker get it confirmed from the employer during the process of eea2 application. EEA1 is optional but in case of temporary job then better to apply for it because it will be processed more quicker and won't let the eea2 RC be refused on treaty rights grounds (if EEA1 successfully be issued).
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS