ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

(PR) As Family member DO I even quaify ?? I need ugrent Help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

millstakyi
Newly Registered

(PR) As Family member DO I even quaify ?? I need ugrent Help

Post by millstakyi » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:21 am

Hello Wonderful People.. I have been reading post on here for a long time and i must say almost everyone here is so kind and help. And now is my turn and i need an urgent help on the case. thank you
I am married to my husband who is retired and french national with a permanent card after 5years of exercising his treaty2000-2005. we meet and got married in 2010 and i applied for my residence card and i am due to Permanent residence but my issue is during 2010-2015 my husband has been travailing to France alot. most trips takes 3-6months. so do you think this can affect my permanent resident ? Since i read the EU national needs to have continuous stay during the 5years with his/her family member. PLEASE I NEED help to clarify my thoughts
thank you all so much.

Obie
Ireland

Re: (PR) As Family member DO I even quaify ?? I need ugrent

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:12 am

You may have secured Permanent Residence from the day he retired , or if he retired before you got married, on the day you became a family member of the EEA national.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:14 am

You may have secured Permanent Residence from the day he retired , or if he retired before you got married, on the day you became a family member of the EEA national.

you should be ok.

I don't thing 3-6 months absence in France will have an effect on Permanent residence, provided it was not a continuous period of 2 years absence.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:28 am

If an EU national has got UK permanent residence then his/her non-eu national is only required to live together for about 5 years. Therefore, even the EU national does not loose its PR with the absence of 3-6 month (except 2+ years) but if such absences are very frequent/multiple then the caseworker might not be satisfied that non-eu national has lived together with EU national for 5 years.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

millstakyi
Newly Registered

Post by millstakyi » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:16 am

Thank you very Much on helping clear this to me. So i then understand that i can qualify even though he has had absence during such periods. which is less, and not a continuous of 2years. You guys are always the best in responding in time. :D