ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage with EU national and Tier 2 visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asif2133
Poland

marriage with EU national and Tier 2 visa

Post by asif2133 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:20 pm

Hi all,
i am currently on a Tier 2 (General) visa which is still valid for a further 2 years with the possibility of an easy extension at the end of it. i have a partner who is EU national and we want to marry.

1. can i marry her and continue to keep my Tier 2 visa.
2. do i need to inform the homeoffice of a change to my circumstances after marriage.
3. if i manage to complete 5 years on tier 2 visa, will i be able to apply for ILR despite being in a marriage with EU national.

anyother relevant advice in terms of ease of getting ILR will be much appreciated.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: marriage with EU national and Tier 2 visa

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:01 pm

It entirely depends on your budget and your desire as how faster you want ILR/PR. Since applying EEA2 RC is optional for a married partner of a qualified EU national, therefore, you can continue with your tier 2 visa even after being married with EU national. In both cases you will have to complete 5 years and as you are already on the track towards ILR then staying on same route will be much faster to get ILR although a bit expensive. On the other hand if you switch into EU route then the clock towards PR equivalent to ILR will start from the day of wedding.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

asif2133
Poland

Re: marriage with EU national and Tier 2 visa

Post by asif2133 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:43 pm

thanks Shiraz.