ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for OCI without Indian Passport or Birth Certificat

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kopper

Applying for OCI without Indian Passport or Birth Certificat

Post by kopper » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi
I am trying to help my elderly uncle apply for OCI who is 85 years old and was born in India but does not have his Indian password, surrender certificate and Indian birth certificate.
He was given British citizenship in 1968 in Singapore but they took and never returned his Indian passport. He does however have the British Registration certificate and a Solicitors Affidavit confirming this.
He has no copy of his Indian Birth Certificate however he has recently obtained a Certificate of Registration from his Indian school confirming he did attend the school when he was young which is the only proof he was an Indian citizan.

His wife already has an OCI so can he now apply without a Indian passport and birth certificate?

Also, does he need to attend VFS or can I take the documents on his behalf?

Thanks

ban.s

Re: Applying for OCI without Indian Passport or Birth Certif

Post by ban.s » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:32 am

I think applying as a spouse of an OCI holder would be easier than applying on his own. However include the solicitor's affidavit, school registration certificate as additional supporting info.

You can't submit on his behalf.

kopper

Re: Applying for OCI without Indian Passport or Birth Certif

Post by kopper » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:59 pm

Thanks

So what other options are there if he will struggle to travel to VFS ?