ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for my non-EU husband

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

titi88
Newly Registered

Schengen visa for my non-EU husband

Post by titi88 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi all,

My husband wants to apply for a schengen visa for Italy so that he and I (British citizen) can travel together for a short holiday soon (we live in the UK).

I've had a look at the visa requirements and they seem to vary hugely between member states. Does anyone have experience with applying for a schengen visa for Italy and they are married to an EU citizen?

It is my understanding that he should be given the visa for free and that all we must prove is that we are married and travelling together. He doesn't need travel insurance or to provide work/ financial documents etc.

However, it would seem that different consulates apply their own rules! This is obviously very concerning.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ban.s

Re: Schengen visa for my non-EU husband

Post by ban.s » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:38 am

titi88 wrote: It is my understanding that he should be given the visa for free and that all we must prove is that we are married and travelling together. He doesn't need travel insurance or to provide work/ financial documents etc.
correct, you'll need to provide the below

i) marriage certificate (if you were married overseas this certificate may need to be apostilled/ legalised as applicable)
ii) your passport
iii) proof of travelling together (usually copy of your tickets; in case you haven't purchased tickets yet, include a declaration confirming you'd be travelling/returning together)

titi88
Newly Registered

Post by titi88 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:39 pm

ban.s wrote:
titi88 wrote: It is my understanding that he should be given the visa for free and that all we must prove is that we are married and travelling together. He doesn't need travel insurance or to provide work/ financial documents etc.
correct, you'll need to provide the below

i) marriage certificate (if you were married overseas this certificate may need to be apostilled/ legalised as applicable)
ii) your passport
iii) proof of travelling together (usually copy of your tickets; in case you haven't purchased tickets yet, include a declaration confirming you'd be travelling/returning together)
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I am unsure whether or not our certificate is correctly legalised/ apostilled. How do I find this out? It is a Pakistani marriage certificate (issued in Pakistan) that has been endorsed by the Union Council (the local authority), as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

I don't know if this is sufficient...

Thank you very much for your help.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Difficult to comment without seeing the documents - check with Italian authorities if they would accept your documents in their current form.

fnabeel
Newly Registered

Post by fnabeel » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:16 pm

Is your marriage certificate in local language?

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:51 am

Were you able to get visa?

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:23 pm

they should grant him a schengen visa for short term 90 days with any problem, please go to Italian visa application centre in London.

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:16 am

Were you able to get visa? plz reply.