ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport renewal during naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

WeepNotChild
Newly Registered
Uganda

Passport renewal during naturalisation

Post by WeepNotChild » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:47 pm

I applied for naturalisation with an expired passport last October and I need to travel this coming October. Renewing my passport's timescale is more predictable than the HO naturalisation waiting time. But I'll need an ILR card or stamp as my ILR is the old stamp type.
How will this affect my naturalisation application?

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: Passport renewal during naturalisation

Post by fwd079 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:25 am

WeepNotChild wrote:I applied for naturalisation with an expired passport last October and I need to travel this coming October. Renewing my passport's timescale is more predictable than the HO naturalisation waiting time. But I'll need an ILR card or stamp as my ILR is the old stamp type.
Your ILR will stay on older passport since that one is expired and not cancelled. You'd normally staple the two passport while travelling. That is what I did when I had my visas stamped. Later on my ILR however, was on BRP.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

noajthan

Re: Passport renewal during naturalisation

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:07 pm

WeepNotChild wrote:I applied for naturalisation with an expired passport last October and I need to travel this coming October. Renewing my passport's timescale is more predictable than the HO naturalisation waiting time. But I'll need an ILR card or stamp as my ILR is the old stamp type.
If what you are you asking is about the impact of reclaiming your passport while a naturalisation application is in progress, this gov UK page shows all the options:
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned
You might have to cancel your application - you’ll be told if you have to do this when you ask for your documents back.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.