ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizen going to Uni and marrying abroad...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spike_UK

British citizen going to Uni and marrying abroad...

Post by spike_UK » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:14 am

Hi guys, After a long time I'm back to the forum and happy to share some informations with you all.

Now that I'm British, I want to go to University and also planing to get married from non EU country. The question is,,, Can you still get my spouse visa while I'm in Uni/study?

Many thanks for any advise.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: British citizen going to Uni and marrying abroad...

Post by fwd079 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:49 am

spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, After a long time I'm back to the forum and happy to share some informations with you all.

Now that I'm British, I want to go to University and also planing to get married from non EU country. The question is,,, Can you still get my spouse visa while I'm in Uni/study?

Many thanks for any advise.
Yes as you're British now, your wife will have Spouse visa for three years, then you will have to apply for her ILR and then British Citizenship. You need to show you have sufficient funds though. I think if you click on this thread that is where you will find most help. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:04 pm

Your wife will be on a five year spouse visa (not three), 2.5 years followed by a further 2,5 years. After which, once she has been granted ILR if she meets all the standard requirements and your marriage is subsisting, she will be able to apply for British Citizenship.
In order for the spouse settlement visa application to succeed you will have to show that you are earning at least £18,600 per annum, or have £62,500 in savings (held for 6 months). How will you comply with this?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:41 pm

Hi guys, thanks for your replies. As I have mentioned, I will be a student for 4 years, which government pay the course fee PLUS helps me with funding for living,,,, so I will only have 16 hrs work a week( there is no earning of £18000 a year unless full time) and for sure I will never have £62000 saving as a student.

So please can you read my post again and re-advise me. (The rules you have said sounds like a non student person).

Many thanks
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:53 pm

A case of tough love.

Unfortunately, students are not exempted.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:54 am

Casa wrote:Your wife will be on a five year spouse visa (not three), 2.5 years followed by a further 2,5 years. After which, once she has been granted ILR if she meets all the standard requirements and your marriage is subsisting, she will be able to apply for British Citizenship.
In order for the spouse settlement visa application to succeed you will have to show that you are earning at least £18,600 per annum, or have £62,500 in savings (held for 6 months). How will you comply with this?
Oh yes, I live in 2004 still it seems :lol: thanks Casa.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:24 am

fwd079 Wishful thinking :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:27 am

Guys, any infor please!!
PR dated 05/03/2013

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:30 am

vinny wrote:A case of tough love.

Unfortunately, students are not exempted.
Have you clicked on Vinny's links? As you've been advised, you aren't exempt as a student from complying with the mandatory condition of £18,600 pa earnings or substantial savings.
(Casa, not CR001)