ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Refusal : Urgent help required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kaka k
Newly Registered

HSMP Refusal : Urgent help required

Post by kaka k » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:46 pm

Hi All,
The HSMP team has refused my application citing the reasons that
1. Salary slips were not sealed and signed.
2. Could not able to contact my employer.
3. Not able to check the overseas account number existence

My Answers:
1. Banks statements(sealed and signed) were included which verifies the salary credit from the employer.
2. Provided email id for employment check(after asking to the employer that how can the employeee's details can be verified)
3. Closed the overseas account and credit the money in indian bank account.
Could anybodu please review the replies and give suitable enhancements wherever required?

Regards,
yoyo

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Refusal : Urgent help required

Post by pantaiema » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:19 pm

If U believe tehy have made a mistake then go for review. U have nothing to loose
kaka k wrote:Hi All,

My Answers:
1. Banks statements(sealed and signed) were included which verifies the salary credit from the employer.
2. Provided email id for employment check(after asking to the employer that how can the employeee's details can be verified)
Could anybodu please review the replies and give suitable enhancements wherever required?

Regards,
yoyo
Pantaiema

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:20 pm

How do they check bank accounts anyway???
I mean are they allowed to check your balance, what is it that they ask and the bank is allowed to tell them ?

Constant

Post by Constant » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:18 pm

Hi, just a few questions:
1. Are the salary slips orginal formal payslips or plain paper payslips?
2. Did you provide only e-mail id for employer checks?
3. Is it a formal HR e-mail or private yahoo/hotmail of someone who works in HR?
4. I assume the bank statements you provided are for the overseas account. If so do the statements show the bank name and address?

Just trying to understand why they picked on your statements and employer id. It seems the documents are checked under microscope and not just any but the hubble space telescope.

As adviced, a review is probably the most cost effective option.

All the best!
"And even a college degree cannot be used to prove that he can read and write" President Lyndon Baines Johnson - 1965 We Shall Overcome speech.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:44 am

kaka k wrote:Hi All,

My Answers:

Regards,
yoyo
You have not mentioned about salary slips. Remember, salary slips are mandatory evidence. If yes, in what form they were.

makon

Post by makon » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:33 pm

As Email can be spoofed, HO will be reluctant to use email as a medium of contact to verify earnings. They will need at least a contact address and phone number.

if salary slips were on A4 paper or printout of online payslips, were they stamped and signed by employer, or were they on letter-headed papers?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:47 pm

I fully agree with this. People could easily create an email account for himselves.

If they do verification, they will use profesional services. Therefore there is a possibility that is the reason whythey need company address.
makon wrote:As Email can be spoofed, HO will be reluctant to use email as a medium of contact to verify earnings. They will need at least a contact address and phone number.

if salary slips were on A4 paper or printout of online payslips, were they stamped and signed by employer, or were they on letter-headed papers?
Pantaiema

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:50 pm

makon wrote:As Email can be spoofed, HO will be reluctant to use email as a medium of contact to verify earnings. They will need at least a contact address and phone number.

While email can be spoofed, it is common place to use it, if there is a phone number attached then that helps. however the traditional method is always tried and true. letterhead and signature or stamp

HSMPQueries

Initial Application Rejected

Post by HSMPQueries » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:33 pm

I was just informed that my HSMP application was rejected as I did not provide 12 separate Wage Slips.

In my company the wage slips are provided on a fiscal year cumulative basis. ie. April to March. Therefore I provided 2 wage slips, one for the period April 2006 till March 2007 and another one with details for salary from April 2007 till July 2007.

I had clearly stated that on my covering letter. I had provided a stamped and signed wage slip along with a stamped and signed bank statement which clearly states the the name of the company where I was receiving my salary.

Besides this, I even provide the directors business card for reference.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers!!!

SYH
BANNED

Re: Initial Application Rejected

Post by SYH » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:46 pm

HSMPQueries wrote:I was just informed that my HSMP application was rejected as I did not provide 12 separate Wage Slips.

In my company the wage slips are provided on a fiscal year cumulative basis. ie. April to March. Therefore I provided 2 wage slips, one for the period April 2006 till March 2007 and another one with details for salary from April 2007 till July 2007.

I had clearly stated that on my covering letter. I had provided a stamped and signed wage slip along with a stamped and signed bank statement which clearly states the the name of the company where I was receiving my salary.

Besides this, I even provide the directors business card for reference.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers!!!
Your case is ripe for an appeal, I think that is unnecessarily harsh requirement

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:05 pm

I see the problem.

If you were claiming from August 2006 to July 2007, the statements you provided don't show a monthly breakdown, so they can't actually see what you earned in those 12 months.

You are going to have to provide further evidence, and I think pay a new fee.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:11 am

Thanks SYH. I should get my documents back by Monday or Tuesday and would most likely go for an appeal. Any idea on the timelines?

Victoria - Sorry for not clarifying, by cumulative wage slip I mean there are 12 separate columns for each month, clearly stating the net, gross and deductions under various heads for each month.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:10 am

HSMPQueries wrote:Thanks SYH. I should get my documents back by Monday or Tuesday and would most likely go for an appeal. Any idea on the timelines?
The only other thing I can think of as to why the HO was not so receptive is that they prefer 12 separate payslips and it probably would have been better to state you lost them and they weren't available and had to get a statement from the employer as presented.

I wouldn't know about timelines on appeal not my forte, maybe by the book Victoria has some helpful info for you this time

chicku

Post by chicku » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:07 pm

Was the salary slip stamped & signed? You did not aner this question.

gordon

Re: Initial Application Rejected

Post by gordon » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:22 pm

HSMPQueries wrote:In my company the wage slips are provided on a fiscal year cumulative basis. ie. April to March. Therefore I provided 2 wage slips, one for the period April 2006 till March 2007 and another one with details for salary from April 2007 till July 2007.
It sounds more like you gave the tax return rather than the statements of periodic salary payments (wageslips), unless, of course, you are only paid once a year. Are you able to get wageslips online instead ?
AG

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:31 pm

Was the salary slip stamped & signed? You did not aner this question.
Chicku - As mentioned earlier, I had provided stamped and signed wage slip and bank statements for the 12 months (August 2006 - July 2007).
It sounds more like you gave the tax return rather than the statements of periodic salary payments (wageslips), unless, of course, you are only paid once a year. Are you able to get wageslips online instead ?
Gordon - I had provided the wage slip and not the tax return for the evidence. The tax return does not have a month by month breakup of my net and gross pay. We do not have online access to wage slips, we get our wage slips every month. In the month of April, the column for April would be filled in and the other columns May till March would be blank, then in May the April and May columns would be filled in while June till March would be blank. Therefore, I provided 2 wage slips, one with April 2006 till March 2007 details and another one with details from April till July 2007.

gordon

Post by gordon » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:22 pm

HSMPQueries wrote:Gordon - I had provided the wage slip and not the tax return for the evidence. The tax return does not have a month by month breakup of my net and gross pay. We do not have online access to wage slips, we get our wage slips every month. In the month of April, the column for April would be filled in and the other columns May till March would be blank, then in May the April and May columns would be filled in while June till March would be blank. Therefore, I provided 2 wage slips, one with April 2006 till March 2007 details and another one with details from April till July 2007.
I think then that you should have submitted the wageslip that you received for each and every month of the earnings period claimed, regardless of the fact that the wageslips you submitted included the monthly breakdown to date in their respective tax years.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:31 pm

I am quite baffled.

If you would like a review of the case, please let me know. I'd need scans of all the documents you sent.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

HSMPQueries

HSMP approved

Post by HSMPQueries » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:01 pm

Hi all,

I faxed my review documents late Friday afternoon and got an approval on Monday.

Seems to me that it was indeed a simple oversight.

I am planning to enter the U.K. sometime mid February and will most likely apply for my EC in December.

Appreciate all your inputs.

Cheers!!!

purplepple

28 days deadline for Review

Post by purplepple » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:50 am

I haven't received my documents and decision letter from HO since they sent it out on Oct 8. If I receive it them after the 28 days deadline, can I still file for review?

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:49 pm

I dont think you would be able to apply after 28 days. You may be able to find out the reason for your refusal by talking to the cust service.

They provided me with a very detailed explanation over the phone and that helped me prepare my documents for review beforehand.

You just need to fax your reasons for review to them so you save transit time.

prem12

Post by prem12 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:11 pm

Hi purplepple,

Do not worry.
I had faced a similar situation long back and then I sent mail to the hsmp team, they said that all I would need is to prove that the documents were recieved on so and so date and the review would be considered, even after 28 days. So just be alert that whenever you recieve your docs, just get the date of delivery authenticated by the post-master.

Regards.
________
BONG REVIEW