ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Indian visa for our 2nd child with a british passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

elmsfirs
Newly Registered

Urgent Indian visa for our 2nd child with a british passport

Post by elmsfirs » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:20 am

I would be grateful if someone could guide us with information regarding urgent Indian visa. This visa is for our 2nd baby who was born in May 2015. He has a British passport. We both parents have ILR and are Indian passport holders. Currently I’m in India and my wife is in the UK.

The urgency is because I'm in India with my ailing father and wants to bring home my family as soon as possible. Please let me know how best to sort out Indian visa. Should he apply for a tourist visa or OCI card or is there any other suitable alternative? What are the necessary documents that need to be submitted? Can he have his visa issued within 5 days?

2 years ago our 1st child was issued PIO card. Is this still an option?

Thanks in advance for the valuable suggestions.

samkma
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent Indian visa for our 2nd child with a british pass

Post by samkma » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:37 pm

elmsfirs wrote:I would be grateful if someone could guide us with information regarding urgent Indian visa. This visa is for our 2nd baby who was born in May 2015. He has a British passport. We both parents have ILR and are Indian passport holders. Currently I’m in India and my wife is in the UK.

The urgency is because I'm in India with my ailing father and wants to bring home my family as soon as possible. Please let me know how best to sort out Indian visa. Should he apply for a tourist visa or OCI card or is there any other suitable alternative? What are the necessary documents that need to be submitted? Can he have his visa issued within 5 days?

2 years ago our 1st child was issued PIO card. Is this still an option?

Thanks in advance for the valuable suggestions.

HCI does not issue PIO anymore.

OCI takes about 30 - 40 days

Tourist visa takes 5 - 7 working days

There is an option for urgent same day visa, See http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho