ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP WITH EXPIRED RESIDENCE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

carcara
Newly Registered

URGENT HELP WITH EXPIRED RESIDENCE

Post by carcara » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:27 pm

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Hi
I'm full-time student and part-time worker and I have my Residence Expired. My wife, my soon and my daughter are both EEA. As my wife has not work for certain period of time during my residence Im apparently not entitled to Permanent residence yet and need to travel to Brasil in one week time.
What can I do to ensure that I will not have problems returning to Uk????

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: URGENT HELP WITH EXPIRED RESIDENCE

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:10 pm

If you are a Brazilian national then be informed that Brazil is visa free country for UK. Therefore, apart of being the family member of EU national, you have additional entitlement to freely enter UK with Brazilian passport.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:11 pm

carcara wrote:URGENT HELP NEEDED

Hi
I'm full-time student and part-time worker and I have my Residence Expired. My wife, my soon and my daughter are both EEA. As my wife has not work for certain period of time during my residence Im apparently not entitled to Permanent residence yet and need to travel to Brasil in one week time.
What can I do to ensure that I will not have problems returning to Uk????
Is your wife presently working and why was there a break in her employment ?

Notwithstanding your visa free status , you could still be refused entry if the Secretary of State's forms the view that you are no longer residing in the UK in accordance with the Regulations, or don't qualify for admission under regulation 12 (2) .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

carcara
Newly Registered

Post by carcara » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:22 pm

Thanks for the advices but maybe I wasn't very clear.
We live in uk since 2009 without any breaks.
Yes she is working, so do I.
She has been two years unemployed as she was looking after our daughter(from the birth until she started to attend to nursery). But I was working full time and now she is working full time and I'm working part-time as I'm full time student(again all in UK).
By the way, we are traveling together me, my wife and my kids(I'm the only one without EEA passport and with my UK residence expired as there is no option to renew and due to exposed above Im apparently not entitled yet to get the permanent residence.

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:43 am

carcara wrote:Thanks for the advices but maybe I wasn't very clear.
We live in uk since 2009 without any breaks.
Yes she is working, so do I.
She has been two years unemployed as she was looking after our daughter(from the birth until she started to attend to nursery). But I was working full time and now she is working full time and I'm working part-time as I'm full time student(again all in UK).
By the way, we are traveling together me, my wife and my kids(I'm the only one without EEA passport and with my UK residence expired as there is no option to renew and due to exposed above Im apparently not entitled yet to get the permanent residence.
> if you want to renew, it will be a fresh application and can take up to six months to decide so i dont see a way to renew ur visa in one week.
> if you have a Brazilian passport , upon return to UK, u must show ur marriage certificate + solid proof ur wife exercising treaty rights in UK and proof of residence of urself and ur wife at airport to Immigration Officer. u will be admitted as family member of an EEA national exercising treaty rights. U must travel with ur spouse.
OR
Before coming back to UK , apply EEA FP from BHC of ur home land. (donot know how long will it take ).
and
sir, how can you forgot about ur visa validity?

carcara
Newly Registered

Post by carcara » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:43 am

Thank so much for your help.
I dint forgot about my residence, I was trying to apply for the permanent residence and due to exposed before it wast possible also at the HMR website there is no option to renew the 5 years residence.
I have one more question for you, wouldn't I be entitled to apply for the British Passport as I'm more than 6 years exercising treaty rights? If yes how do I do that?

carcara
Newly Registered

Post by carcara » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:15 pm

Hi
After returned to Uk I found so many difficult to apply to became a British citizen due to the facts I posted in the past. I'm currently working and recently I've applied for a new job and as my residence is expired and I on the processes to apply for the British passport my employer is enquiring me about valid residence card, so my question is how else apart of showing my current payslips, can I prove to them that I legally entitle to work?
Thanks