ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for my parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aakk
Newly Registered

Visitor visa for my parents

Post by aakk » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:35 pm

hi
I am a British citizen and I am planning to invite my parents to visit me.My father is retired self employed so can't not show any documents related to work but has income from property rents and savings of about 3 lakh and Mother is house wife and she has savings of about 3 lakh in her saving account.

I am confused about what should they write in the following questions

1.How much do you spend each month on living costs?
Is this expenditure in India or when in UK?

2.what is the cost of you personally for your trip?
Is it the total cost in UK including air ticket?

3.The cost of your living expenses?
Is it the living expenses in UK or in India ?

Please note I am not sponsoring them but only give accommodation and of course food.

Please some one can explain and also all their children are married and settled in India and what do they write if any dependants column.

Appreciate reply.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Visitor visa for my parents

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:48 am

All those types of visit visa have been rolled into the standard visit visa. You need to show the can maintain themselves when here.

You should write a sponsorship declaration stating you will provide accommodation and show there is no overcrowding. The ECO will want to see what will make your parents return to the Country of Origin. For example, stable income, property, family, job etc....
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aakk
Newly Registered

Post by aakk » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:03 am

Amber wrote:All those types of visit visa have been rolled into the standard visit visa. You need to show the can maintain themselves when here.

You should write a sponsorship declaration stating you will provide accommodation and show there is no overcrowding. The ECO will want to see what will make your parents return to the Country of Origin. For example, stable income, property, family, job etc....
Thanks Amber for your reply

I know it's standard visitors visa now but you haven't answered my specific questions,thanks any way.

Any one can help me please.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:53 pm

aakk wrote:hi
I am a British citizen and I am planning to invite my parents to visit me.My father is retired self employed so can't not show any documents related to work but has income from property rents and savings of about 3 lakh and Mother is house wife and she has savings of about 3 lakh in her saving account.

AVERAGE LIVING COST IN INDIA PER MONTH

FLIGHT TICKET TO BE IN THE REGION OF £500

DEPENDING ON HOW LONG HE IS GOING TO BE STAYING IN UK ( IF 3 MONTHS THEN SOMETHING IN THE REGION OF £1500-2000)

Please note I am not sponsoring them but only give accommodation and of course food.

Please some one can explain and also all their children are married and settled in India and what do they write if any dependants column.

Appreciate reply.

Thank you.

aakk
Newly Registered

Post by aakk » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:05 pm

batleykhan wrote:
aakk wrote:hi

AVERAGE LIVING COST IN INDIA PER MONTH

FLIGHT TICKET TO BE IN THE REGION OF £500

DEPENDING ON HOW LONG HE IS GOING TO BE STAYING IN UK ( IF 3 MONTHS THEN SOMETHING IN THE REGION OF £1500-2000)

Appreciate reply.

Thank you.
Hi
Today my parents got their visitors visa.
Thanks every one for your king suggestion.
Thanks again.

cvs

Post by cvs » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi,
First off all congrats .
I'm also planing for my parents visa. Could you please help me below questions to fill in application form, they are very confusing to fill

Please see the below doubts

I'm in Tier - General Visa, and sponsoring all expenses & Accommodation everything my self to my parents.

[*] Do they need to go for General Visitor or Family Visitor ( I heard only ILR visa person can sponsor Family visit visa)

1) What are the documents need to submit From my parents side
2)How to submit my parents 2 applications same time with same case worker?
3) For both my parents do i need to provide each two supporting documents or each one document enough (Like Bank statement / Pay slip etc)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application form questions:

4) Are you travelling with anyone? (YES) ---------Do they have a valid visa for the UK? (YES/ NO/ Not Required)
5) How long do you intend to stay in the UK?
6) How much do you spend each month on living costs?
7) How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?
8) What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
9) The total amount of money you have for this trip
10) The cost of the aeroplane, train tickets
11) The cost of your accommodation
12) The cost of your living expenses
13) Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip?(YES)------------------How much will they be paying towards your trip (in GBP £)?
14 b) Please explain why they are paying towards the cost of your trip?
15) What is the total cost of your trip, including money others may be giving you, in GBP(£)